• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Purple Hyperlinks are Not in My Stylesheet!

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2007 Feb 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all,

I've inherited a project, and I'm trying to clean it up so the format and styles match my other projects. I'm using the same stylesheet for all of my projects, but for some reason, this project won't obey the hyperlink style in the stylesheet--every time I create a hyperlink, it colors the font purple.

I've tried re-copying the style sheet in from another project where it works correctly, and even creating a new style sheet. I've opened the .css file in Notepad and searched for both the color name and the numerical code for purple--the only place it's there is in another style where I do what purple. I tried deleting that style, on the off chance it was reading that one in stead of the standard hyperlink style, but nope.

Given all the above tinkering, I'm fairly sure the problem isn't actually with the style sheet at all. The project seems to be doing something globally to all hyperlinks, no matter what other styles are applied, and no matter what style sheet I use. Can anyone help me figure this out?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2007 Feb 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem; when I click on a hyperlink, it colors the font purple. It stays that way in the compiled project and it looks terrible with some links blue (what I want) and some purple. I was just about to dive into the style sheet, but you don't think that's the problem. I'm going to look anyway. I'll post my finding. -david

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup! in the style sheet, style "hyperlink (visited)". Hope you have a similarly easy solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, mine's not that simple--I checked that already. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at Snippet 27 on my site. As well as being defined in the style sheet, they must be defined in a specific order.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2007 Mar 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. One thing I have noticed is that the A:Link and A:Visited code doesn't exist in the stylesheet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked your browser settings (Internet Options in IE) to be sure it is displaying colors specified on the page, rather than overriding them with colors selected in the browser dialog?

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Radbean:

If your style sheet doesn't specifically have settings for link and visited (and you don't have any in the topic itself), your browser will use its own default (which for visited in IE is purple),

a: settings in the style sheet should follow the LoVHAte ordering principle:

L(ink)
o
V(isited)
H(over)
A(ctive)
t
e

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp