Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish Now doesn't always overwrite?

Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello --

I have run into this issue several times over the past few years, but becoming very frustrated.  Often, we will create a training and launch to a team of approvers who come back with a tweak to audio, or a new attachment.  I make the change and publish to my Adobe Connect Server and because it is something I already pubished it asks if I would like to "Publish Now" and overwrite what I already have.  I choose to proceed with that, and when I go back to use that link sometimes it is updated, and sometimes it is not.  Does this happen to anyone else?

I have tried saving the PPT, Presenter file with a different name to avoid this but the system also seems to know something about the file and when I hit publish, the Adobe Server recognizes it by its old name and often asks if I would like to Publish Now and overwrite.  I realize that I can us the other options, but wondering why this happens.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Whenever we launch any connect content or course  on browser, it downloads some file into temp folder. so next time you modify the content and relaunch again,

The URL of the content remain same , so browser does not download the content again. This is the reason , sometime you are unable to see the changes .

Try clearing all the browser history and cache of the browser and relaunch the adobe connect content or course again.

This time you will be able to see the changes.

I hope this is the case happening with you.

If not , Kindly explain a scenario with certain steps to reproduce the issue.

Thanks,

Sunil

Adobe Presenter Engg Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also use the key-command Ctrl+F5 to refresh the page without using your cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources