Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capture iPad app with captivate 6 or 7?

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am still using captivate 5 and I think it requires additional software to record  from mobile devices.

Does anyone know if it is possible to record an iPad app when using either Captivate 6 or 7?

thanks a bunch

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI there

I think I've seen others mention using something called "Reflector".

Click here to visit the Reflector site

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Does anyone know if, when you capture using reflector, Captivate will recognize "clicks" (or I guess tabs/touches) like it would when recording from a regular application/software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'll have to leave it for someone that has actually used it to answer definitively. But from what I see, the PC simply presents what Reflector sends. I don't believe you are able to control the iPad from the PC. Because of that, I might expect that Captivate would have no way of sensing when something was tapped or whatever. Therefore it wouldn't know when to take a screen capture. Assuming, of course, that you are recording in Slide by Slide mode. Certainly if you were making a Video Demo, it would record everything.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I was concerned that it would only show what's on the screen but not actually sense the 'clicks'.

I don't want to have to mannually add highlight boxes of where I am clicking. Since there's no mouse icon, I'd be worried that learners can't see where I am clicking.

I'm going to see if I can get a trial version of reflector and give it a test to see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2013 Sep 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update:

So, I've tested Reflector and for the most part it works pretty well. As suspected, when recording in Captivate, Captivate does not recognize any tabs, or swipes etc.

It is possible to use the Reflector software itself  to record a video. It creates mp4 format.

The other option is to record directly into Captivate, it just won't capture the "clicks" (at least when using Captivate 5).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources