• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH inadvertently changes paths to .css file, links, images

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2007 Feb 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are working in Robo HTML to create a WebHelp project and are having an intermittent problem with RoboHelp randomly inserting "../" in front of paths to links, images and our .css file. This has happened just twice (three weeks ago and today) but we are unable to determine what may be causing this. Of course, it wreaks havoc with our Help topics for which we now have to manually correct the paths in order to restore the links, images and appearance.
Has anyone experienced this problem before and found the situation which causes it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

This is another one of those BUS problems. None come along and then two arrive. Someone else did report this and my response was to check very carefully and I believe I offered to look at a project where this was happening. Nothing more heard.

If you can recreate this in a new project, send it to me. I have to say I have never known RoboHelp to get the path wrong.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply and offer of help. We'll give a try at recreating this in a new project. Given the BUS nature of the problem, though, we'll see whether we can get the problem to reoccur!

Thanks again,

Cher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. If it does recur and you discover why before sending me the project, please post back, even if it is to say simple user error as we've all done it. At least that way we know there is not a RH problem. Otherwise there is a nagging doubt.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2007 Mar 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Let me get on this bus!

I have had this same problem, but I didn't know it. I can't duplicate the problem either--it just happens. My CHMs don't seem to be affected by it, but the .HTM files are.

Here's the background:
I have a couple of projects for which I compile CHMs. Then I switch to a different CSS file that uses the same name so it is located in a different folder. I have to copy the project source .htm and image files to an Eclipse online help project. When I run the help in Eclipse some of the links, images, and the CSS are broken. I have to go into the Eclipse project to remove the "../" to fix the path. A few rare broken paths get fixed when I add "../" to a path that doesn't have that.

There is absolutely no pattern to this. *shrug* I've been resigned to checking every link, image, and CSS in every topic after I move everything over to Eclipse. The CHM compiled from RH 5 works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp