• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CSH help navigation

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2008 Jun 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a help project with context-sensitive help and regular help topics in the same project. The CSH topics have Close and Print buttons. The other help topics have Back, Print, and Next buttons. I am using Robohelp 7.

My problem is that when you open a CSH topic from the application and click the Show (Show Table of Contents) link to open the full help system, the buttons no longer make sense for the CSH topics.

Is there a way to have the CSH help topics close when the user clicks the Show link? Or do I need to place them in a separate project? If I have to separate them, how do I make the full help system accessible from the CSH topics.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2008 Jun 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, could you put the buttons on the toolbar instead? Is it a problem that all buttons would then show on both CSH and regular topics? Close and Print buttons would fit both types, I guess. Are your Back and Next buttons actually 'back/forward' (as in browser behaviour) or are they 'previous/next' in a browse sequence? Either way they will either be active or not.

mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Scribbler,

"Hi, could you put the buttons on the toolbar instead? Is it a problem that all buttons would then show on both CSH and regular topics?"

This would cause a problem. I don't want the Back and Next buttons available on the CSH topics.

"Are your Back and Next buttons actually 'back/forward' (as in browser behaviour) or are they 'previous/next' in a browse sequence? Either way they will either be active or not."

They are back/forward buttons.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Mr. Scribbler,

I think I found the information I needed on Grainge's site (www.grainge.org). I'm going to try to see what my developers can do with this. It's just hard to communicate with them since they are out of the country and I don't have direct access to them.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp