• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cache issue with CS6 Bridge

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2013 Apr 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting an annoying issue when I open Bridge in CS6. I am informed that there is a problem with the cache and that I have to go to preferences, purge the cache. I've done this, but get same error message every time I open Bridge subsequent times. It is really slowing down my workflow. Am using latest version. Any ideas please?

Many thanks

Baxter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Baxter, because the forum you originally posted in is for beginners trying to learn the basics of Photoshop, I moved your question to the Bridge General Discussion forum, where you'll get more specialized help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kendall - I'm sure that it's something basic, but whatever it is, has eluded me so far!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing to try is restart Bridge holding down option key (mac) or ctrl (win) and choose reset preferences and also again purge central cache from the given options of the provided window.

If still no luck report back with your system details to get more detailed info about manual deleting the cache file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Omke

I've done what you said and it seems to be working so far. I'm off on a shoot all day tomorrow and so won't be able to determine if the solution is working until Friday. But I wanted to express my thanks now, rather than wait and you think your advice wasn't appreciated. Far from it.

Baxter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2013 Apr 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sad to say that the problem still persists. I restarted the machine and immediately got the cache error when opening CS6 Pshop and Bridge (v 5.02.4.)

Here are computer details....

I am running OSX 10.6.8 on

Model Name:          Mac Pro

Model Identifier:          MacPro3,1

Processor Name:          Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Processor Speed:          2.8 GHz

Number Of Processors:          2

Total Number Of Cores:          8

L2 Cache (per processor):          12 MB

Memory:          10 GB

Bus Speed:          1.6 GHz

Boot ROM Version:          MP31.006C.B05

SMC Version (system):          1.25f4

Happy to give other info if I haven't covered it above.

The software used to work fine and I haven't changed anything until the problem started. After which I moved the slider in preferences to about the halfway point from it's default position on LHS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Apr 14, 2013 Apr 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sad to say that the problem still persists. I restarted the machine and immediately got the cache error when opening CS6 Pshop and Bridge (v 5.02.4.)

If your cache has got real corrupted then the quickest and best way to solve this is manual dump the cache and start again, maybe also with fresh settings.

Here is what I would do.

Quit Bridge,

Find the user library (the library in your user account, not on root level)

User(your name)/ library/ caches/ Adobe/ Bridge CS6. Inhere are a plug in and a folder called cache. Grab both items and drag them outside the user library, preferably in the trash

In same user library go to the folder preferences and inhere find and delete the Bridge plist file (com.adobe.bridge5.plist).

All removed files will refresh itself with new and empty ones after you have restarted Bridge.

Again hold down option key to restart Bridge and choose reset preferences.

Now you have a fresh almost out of the box Bridge with factory default settings and empty cache. You need to set your custom wishes in prefs again and also custom UI colors. Your custom work spaces are also still there but might to be reset.

Now you need to recache the lot to rebuild the thumbs and previews, you can do so overnight and if you want all your images cached just pick the main folder and in menu view use 'show items from subfolders' and let it run for a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2014 Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omke Oudeman wrote:

Quit Bridge,

Find the user library (the library in your user account, not on root level)

User(your name)/ library/ caches/ Adobe/ Bridge CS6. Inhere are a plug in and a folder called cache. Grab both items and drag them outside the user library, preferably in the trash

In same user library go to the folder preferences and inhere find and delete the Bridge plist file (com.adobe.bridge5.plist).

Does anyone know where these files are located in Mac OS 10.9.1? I am having this exact problem, but can't find this trail. (no library at user level).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Feb 06, 2014 Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact problem, but can't find this trail. (no library at user level).

By default the user library is hidden per MacOS 10.7. You can reveal it permanently (at least until the next update) using Terminal (Google for this, it is fairly easy) but the shortcut for temporarily availability is to go to Finder and use menu Go with option key, this reveals the user library

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very helpful.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cheers mate, that did the trick, I was having the exact same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Had the same problem. Fixed me up:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2. Reset preferences, reset the default workspace, and purge the cache.

Damaged preferences or workspaces can cause unexpected behavior in Adobe Bridge. Purging the cache can fix display issues for thumbnail previews.

• Start Adobe Bridge and immediately press Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) until the Reset Settings dialog box appears.

• Select all three options--Reset Preferences, Reset Standard Workspaces, and Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache--and then click OK.

You can also purge the cache by doing the following:

• Choose Edit > Preferences (Windows) or Bridge > Preferences (Mac OS).

• Select the Cache panel.

• Click Purge Cache.

Or, you can manually purge the cache by doing the following:

• Choose Edit > Preferences (Windows) or Bridge > Preferences (Mac OS).

• Select the Cache panel.

• Look at Location and note the path for the Cache folder.

• In the Explorer (Windows) or Finder, navigate to the Cache folder.

• Drag the Cache folder to the Recycling Bin (Windows) or Trash (Mac OS).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines