Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topic found using Search not showing in Contents

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2013 Jul 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

A tester has just pointed out to me that if you search for a topic using the Search facility, if you then click on Contents while that topic is open, the contents tree does not automatically expand to show you whereabouts in the project that topic occurs.

I can't figure out why. Any ideas please?

Barbara

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have AutoSync ticked in the webhelp settings?

What you describe should work as required.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean "Synchronize Table of Contents" - Automatically - in the WebHelp settings pane prior to compiling the help?

If so, then yes, it is set to "Automatically" but the problem is occurring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

If you generate the help and click View Result, does the problem occur then?

Also open one of the sample projects and test that. Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

Which version of Rh are you using?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it occurs if I generate the help and click View Result.

Have tried opening one of the samples but am getting an error message saying "Open project was cancelled or the application was unable to load database for: <project name>"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To fix the sample project issue, locate the projects in the My RoboHelp and delete the CPD file before opening again. I am assuming you did try to open as per my instructions. There is another copy in Program Files but that cannot be opened for normal use, it is a backup.

If you cannot open a sample, create a new project with just two or three topics.

Version of Rh?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RH10. Don't appear to have a "My Robohelp" anywhere either. Don't know if RH is set up oddly.

Have tried creating a new small project and tried it and the problem did not occur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be in your “My Documents” folder or “Documents” library as “My RoboHelp Projects” – it’s the default place where RH tries to stick your projects, but the “best practice” is actually to create them in as short a path as possible, like c:\projects\[project_name]\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, just tried it thanks. Managed to open a sample project and generate webhelp. The problem I am trying to solve does not appear to happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barbara and Jeff

Only Peter can confirm whether I understood him correctly. But I *THINK* he was meaning the very simple way that RoboHelp offers to easily navigate to common locations. It's called the "My Places" area and sits as a vertical strip on the left side of the dialog as shown below.

tmp1.PNG

It's a really nice (and cool) feature and also allows you to add your own places to it!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick, I managed to find it but it did not replicate the problem I am having.

The developer has shown me that the problem is spasmodic and does not occur every time. It occurs both when the project is free-standing (compiled by RoboHelp and then viewed) and when it is embedded in the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing this is an old project that has been upgraded through one or more versions of Rh?

I doubt deleting the CPD will have any impact but it's worth a try.

In the WebHelp > Navigation settings, try Local PC rather than Website.

Beyond that, how feasible is it to create a new project and import the topics?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've deleted the CPD file and have also compiled using Local PC rather than website but neither of these things made any difference.

We have another product release coming up in September so I could create a new project and import the topics.

Thanks anyway all for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp