• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Index is Empty

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp 9.0.2.271. I'm adding keywords to an HHK file. When I view the index, the Index tab is empty. If I right click on my index in the Project Manager and select View, the HHK file opens and I can see all the terms. I'm attaching a screenshot so you can see what I'm seeing. Right before this happened, I did a find and replace in files to correct a topic title that made some corrections to the index. Not sure how this could have messed up the index, but that's the only thing I did different.

I tried the following:

1. Deleted the CPD file and reopened the project. No change.

2. Deleted the CPD and XPJ files and recreated the project. No change.

3. Uninstalled and reinstalled RH. No change.

4. Copied an existing index into my project. I can view that fine. So I looked at the two HHK files side-by-side to see if the bad one had some funky tags. There is no apparent difference. So I copied the bad index (minus a few bits at the top and the bottom) into the good HHK. That messed up what was the good index so I can't view it in RH. So it's obviously something funky in the file.

Any thoughts as to how to get this visible on the tab again so that I can get the index to show up in the WebHelp WITHOUT having to redo my index? Thanks!screenshot.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done a bit more and have found it's definitely something funky in the file, but what it is, is beyond me. All the tags look correct. I've been copying chunks from the bad file into the good file, checking to see if I can view it, and if so, then I copy another chunk in. If I can't view that chunk, I delete it out so I can view the index again. It's slow going but better than recreating the whole entire file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2013 Jul 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you not copy in the index file from an earlier backup?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2013 Jul 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Guess I should have said that I'd made pretty major changes yesterday, which I would have to recreate if I copied in an index from an older version. I was trying to avoid that, which is why I'm coping/pasting in chunks. Figured that would save me a bit more time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp