• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

During Adobe Flash 11 install, I received the error "cannot contact reliable source." Help?!

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2013 Jul 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While streaming videos on YouTube and Hulu, I noticed a signifant amount of lag and buffering.  In the past I've resolved this issues by updating my Flash player (even though I typically am on the newest version).  Today I tried to install a Adobe Flash 11 and I received the error, "Cannot contact reliable source" amongst a few other errors (I cannot recall what they said).  I went to the troubleshooting section, uninstalled my current Adobe Flash, and tried to download version 11.  I keep getting the aforementioned errror.  Now rather than a lag time and buffer issue, I cannot watch any videos at all since my Flash player was uninstalled and I cannot download the new version.  I'm currently on a relatively new iMac with OS X version 10.8.4.  I don't think there is problem with my actual computer.  Can anyone help?

PS: I have an unhealthy affinity for catching up on terrible TV shows on Sundays so I'm saddened by my inability to watch Hulu Plus. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2013 Jul 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines