• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workaround for using Warp stabilizer with Speed change in CS6

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2012 Jul 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I need to slow down a clip AND apply some Warp Stabilizer on it, but Premiere CS6 will not let the 2 effects happen on the same clip. So as a work around I am thinking that I should stabilize the clip, render and export it. Then use that new clip in timeline and change speed.

Is this the best way to do it?  Better than stabilizing in AE and back, I hope....

And if so, in order to maintain the best quality of the clip, what format should I export the clip into? (my footages are from a Canon 5Diii, native H.264)

I suppose I should use 'File>export>media' and set the quality to max and use 'Max render quality'.

Thanks very much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 13, 2012 Jul 13, 2012

Apply the effects, nest and finally apply Warp Stabilize.

That should do the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you nest your clip, apply the stabilizer then step out of your nest and warp that?

Not able to try myself first, not in front of edit computer. Thats why I'm not 100% sure about my solution. Let me know if it works for you.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apply the effects, nest and finally apply Warp Stabilize.

That should do the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haaaa, Thanks Ann for correcting my backwords reply.....I was thinking like you, just couldn't type it in the correct order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bit late but it's working! Awesome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would create the intermediate but not sure in which order.

Maybe stabilise first because its a shorter clip ...then speed warp it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2012 Jul 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all, indeed it worked! I time stretched the clip, nest it and then apply the warp stabilizer, perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post should be changed to "Answered". Nesting the clip is quite easy. It works both ways:

1. Warp stabilize first, nest, then change speed (not sure if this saves computational cycles since the clip is "shorter"/fewer frames?)

2. Change speed, nest, then warp stabilize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Premiere Pro CS6 & Earlier​ and marked anwered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good Lord, it's 2024.  Can we get an update that allows you to put warp stabilizer on a clip with adjusted speed without having to do this stupid work around?  Come on Adobe, you've had literal decades to figure this out.  It is the most frustrating message to come back from rendering and to see the warp stabilizer affect didn't take because speed was applied to the clip.  FIX THIS ALREADY!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines