• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign CC: Changing the page size

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old document created in Indesign CS6 and want to change the size of it. I just want to make it 3 mm broader.

But when I do it in Document settings the whole canvas moves to the left. I would prefer the canvas to stay in place and the size increase from the middle.

Is there a setting that I have missed? I am grateful for all help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Choose the Page tool (3rd tool from top). Click the Center proxy point on the Control panel. Enter the new page size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate it Steve.

I know of that tool and that works. The problem is that I want to change the size of the whole document. Not just one page.

If I use the Page tool the printer can't see the new changed size. The pdf seems to be in the old size and it confuses them.

Isn't there another way to change the whole document and centering the canvas at the same time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recall a discussion a week or two ago, where someone pointed out some of the limitations of changing page size in the Document Setup dialog of having objects shift.

You should be able to select multiple or all pages in the Pages panel before applying size changes using the Page tool.

And I definitely know that if you're using File > Export > Adobe PDF (Print), the PDF should accurately reflect page sizes. Make sure you view the page size in Acrobat (you can use preferences to permanently display page size).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahhh I see. Not very easy to find. I hope Adobe can make it easier in the future.

Now when I have changed the pages with Page tool I can change the document size to the right one – and it doesn't move! Great!

Thank you Steve for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines