Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show/ Hide button for Drop down works only once

Mentor ,
Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am using RH10. I have about 10 drop down text on a page.

I created single Show/ Hide All button for my drop down texts as per the procedure mentioned here.

http://www.grainge.org/pages/various_rh_projects/rh_twisty2/index.htm

I am getting it almost right when I follow the project and instructions. Except that, my Show/ Hide button becomes inactive after one use of both functions, i.e., I can only click it once to Show all and again to Hide all. After that, either I have to refresh the browser or go to some other topic and come back to get it working. What could be the cause?

I am using FireFox 17.0.7 and IE8.

Sreekanth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

I am only seeing one image in your project. Although the user sees it as a one button method, there are two buttons, one for Show and one for Hide.

Show is the default and should appear in Images when you create the link. Hide is the one that needs to be in baggage.

Have you downloaded the demo rather than just the PDF?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must have something not in accordance with the instructions.

First try a new topic with one dropdown and see if that works.

Then check the download from my site works.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

I followed the instructions in the PDF. Not sure if I misinterpreted anything or where I am going wrong. I compared with your project and don't see anything missing.

I tried in both RH 9 and RH 10 with a new project containing only one topic. I am still getting same results. I have attached the screenshots for your reference. Can you please check?

Modified image code:

Image Code.jpg

Project Manager - Baggage files:

ProjectMgr_Baggage.jpg

Modified twisty code:

Twisty_Code.jpg

Added JS code to the topic Header:

Added Code in Topic Header.jpg

Twisty JS in Project Folder

TwistyInProjectRoot.jpg

Twisty JS in published folder

TwistyInPublishFolder.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am only seeing one image in your project. Although the user sees it as a one button method, there are two buttons, one for Show and one for Hide.

Show is the default and should appear in Images when you create the link. Hide is the one that needs to be in baggage.

Have you downloaded the demo rather than just the PDF?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Peter. It is working fine now.

I had downloiaded the PDF and followed the instructions. However, I somehow misterpreted it as "One Image for both Show and Hide actions" and hence used the Show All image in the baggage and the twisty JS code as well.

Another minor thing I learnt is that the file name of the images should not contain any spaces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp