• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash CC frequently crashing

Participant ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on the most basic project you could imagine and Flash CC crashes on me every 5-10 minutes. I can't pinpoint what is causing this as all I am doing so far is making keyframes, making labels, layers, folders, creating symbols, using basic drawing tools, ... BASIC stuff here. I'm just trying to set up my timeline and it keeps dying on me. I'm up to date on updates. My computer is a brand new iMac just a few weeks old, so there isn't much cluttering up my system at this point.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is FlashCC a parallel install with older version of Flash Pro? Even if this is the case it should not crash. But still would like to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CS6 installed as well.

So after my post, it crashed one more time when I created a blank keyframe, then it stayed up for a solid hour of work. At that point I was saving every minute just in case. Not sure what was going on with the 5 times it crashed before then, but it was very disheartening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2013 Jun 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share the crash log? Since you are on MAC, you should be getting an error report. You can just copy and paste the same here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2013 Jul 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello dharmk and mcstampfunk,

I'm having the same problem with my Flash CS6 (part of the Master Collection). All I doing is going through basic tutorials that I purchased and adding / removing keyframes from the Motion Editor. It's really fraustrating to work like that as you can't foresee the crash coming and you have to save your work after every single modification.

I tried to read the log file but it doesn't seem to open correctly when I tried to open it with Notepad. Maybe it requires a specific tool in order to read it. Anyway I'm attaching a screenshot of the error. I believe that mcstampfunk is having the same error as it seems to me like the same problem. Hope that someone could find a way to fix this. I already reported Adobe for a bug, but couldn't see an option to add a screenshot or a log file to the bug report, although the error message requests it. That is why I replied to this thread.

I couldn't attach the crash log here also because there's no option to add files here but images or videos or a link to an external place. And I don't want to upload the file anywhere else but here because most of the places keep the file for a limited time. I encountered this thread also http://forums.adobe.com/message/4452252 where users encounter and ask the same thing about where do they have to upload the log file (I quote one user from that thread):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6.Mike 237,

Jun 8, 2012 5:44 PM   in reply to sinious

If I go to https://bugbase.adobe.com/ and click 'Add bug', none of the dropdown options relate to the problem that I and asdqwxvb ds are experiencing!

The messaging that you get with the error is so unhelpful...

'Please report this exception by entering a bug with the log file'

How does that explain to me what I'm supposed to do!?

Could someone please give me an email address I can send this file to??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, here's the screenshot of the FlashPro Fatal Exception error:

Any assistance will be appreciated!

Fl CS6 Crash.jpg

Thanks,

Gal Shemesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2013 Jul 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shemesh,

Please attach the generated mdmp file for analysis. mdmp file is created on your desktop when Flash crashes.

Regards,

Dilip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dilip, thanks for the fast reply!

Can you please tell me how am I suppose to attach the mdmp file to this thread? The only things I see that can be added are pictures, videos or links. I would really like to add the logs though I really can't tell how. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Gal Shemesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shamesh,

If you have a CC account, then you can upload the minidump to the cc account and share the URL here. Otherwise, can you use dropbox or any such service for sharing the minidump?

Regards,

Dharmendra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again guys,

I uploaded the log files to my Dropbox (thanks for the advice dharmk) . The files can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q8x62q56o6zk594/P41DgX63gL

There are 2 log files of the same problem while working with keyframes in the Motion Editor. The 1st is when I tried to add a keyframe and the 2nd is when I tried to delete one if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks!

Gal Shemesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the dumps Shemesh! It will help us debug the issue further. We'll post our updates soon after we analyse the dumps.

-Dharmendra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With pleasure dharmk. Anything that would help to fix these bugs. I purchased some tutorials and I'm willing to study them without crashes at every corner. If there's anything else you need please let me know.

Thanks!

Gal Shemesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings Dharmk

I haven't had to use Flash much since I posted, and I didn't get the crash log at the time. If you can tell me where they are stored (if they are stored), I can go seek it out from when I was having issues before and post them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mcstampfunk,

On MAC the logs are stored at ~/Library/DiagnosticReports/. You can zip all the Flash CC logs and share with us.

Regards,

Dharmendra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Windows 7. I have had the worst experience with Flash ever (been using it since it was called FutureSplash).

In a single 2.5 day project (should have only been 1.5 days), I experienced the following:

• EVERY time I launch the application, it begins the launch process and then crashes without even showing an error message - it just stops launching.
  • The second time I launch it, and subsequent times thereafter, it launches fine.
  • Any time I try to launch Flash by double-clicking a .FLA file it crashes before launching without throwing an error message.
  • During development, it crashes repeatedly - approximately once per hour.
  • I finished the project last Friday and on Saturday morning went in to open the project file only to find it was corrupted and could not be opened.
  • I was able to rebuild the FLA by performing the following steps:
    • Duplicate the corrupted file.
    • Rename the FLA extention to .zip.
    • Open the newly named zip file in WinZip
    • Click the repair button.
    • Rename the newly created zip file to FLA and open it.
    • Viola - at least it is open now - but you will discover the corrupted images or asssets still show up as keyframes but not actually have an object on the stage - you'll have to manually go delete them and recreate them.
  • Exporting a sequence of still images crashed 3 times before succeeding - the process crashed due to insufficient memory yet I have 32GB of RAM in my pretty dang awesome Lenovo W500 and a 3GB Graphics card.

Lastly, the complexity of my FLA file was minimal. It was simple animations and masks - the final product was a video - hence my need to export to still frames.

My Adobe peeps - please help me get this resolved - I am happy to spend hours on the phone screen sharing and letting you control my computer to figure it out. Help me! Help me! Oh lawdy laaawwwd (name that reference for a free biscuit).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RockerDown Studios, We will reach out to you regarding this on email.

Thanks

Sujai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am experiencing frequent crashes of Flash CC when I try to do the simplest thing. I am on a Mac.

I find no folder:

~/Library/DiagnosticReports/

Nor do I find any files labeled mdmp.

What can I do to resolve this problem? I can't get a thing done!

regards,

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy, Will reach out to you on email for investigating this.

-Sujai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I'm not describing the problem correctly. What happens is the app freezes up, and the beach ball just rotates and rotates and rotates. This makes the application completely unresponsive to commands. Also, I cannot force quit the program when it is in this state. I have to completely restart my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running 15 minutes late

Cheers,

Rusty Worden

919-749-1480

www.rockerdown.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Andy,

My mistake, the correct directory location is ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports. You should have some log files there with .crash extension. You can share the same with us.

Regards,

Dharmendra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2013 Nov 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Sujai, my flash CC is crashing too. I read all the thread but i couln't solve this problem yet.
I would appreciate some help... Can you, or indicate someone who can, help me with this issue?

Regards,

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crash Report (crashes anytime I attempt to open a project and or create a new project):

Process:         Adobe Flash CC [1786]

Path:            /Applications/Adobe Flash CC/Adobe Flash CC.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Flash CC

Identifier:      com.adobe.Adobe Flash CC.application

Version:         13.0.0.759 (13.0.0.759)

Code Type:       X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:  launchd [138]

Date/Time:       2013-07-23 12:37:39.858 -0500

OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.7.5 (11G63b)

Report Version:  9

Interval Since Last Report:          113363 sec

Crashes Since Last Report:           8

Per-App Interval Since Last Report:  91 sec

Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   5

Anonymous UUID:                      8D151AA1-AF5E-4BA4-AA7B-827DAE98E23F

Crashed Thread:  0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGABRT)

Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000

VM Regions Near 0:

-->

__TEXT                 0000000100000000-0000000101798000 [ 23.6M] r-x/rwx SM=COW  /Applications/Adobe Flash CC/Adobe Flash CC.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Flash CC

Application Specific Information:

Performing @selector(dispatchMenuSelection:) from sender DVAMacMenuItem 0x1266b14a0

objc[1786]: garbage collection is OFF

abort() called

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This crash log looks similar to the issue reported by few others, which was happening because of the flash firebug plugin in firefox. Please check http://helpx.adobe.com/flash/kb/flash-pro-cc-crash-creating.html for more details. Can you check if uninstalling the plugin fixes the issue for you? If you are still facing the issue then can you please check if there is an mm.cfg file in your home directory. You can post the contents of the same here.

-Dharmendra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the ticket, strange relation, but I dont even use the firefox plugin so, Im okay without it...

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know that the problem is fixed after removing the plugin. We are also working on fixing the real issue behind it.

-Dharmendra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines