Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install Adobe Flashplayer 11

Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried several times to install Adobe Flash Player 11.  Although I get a message that it is installed, it is not.  I have "unchecked" the box for installing the Google Chrome toolbar.  Must I leave this checked?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Geeluweez wrote:

Although I get a message that it is installed, it is not.

How do you know?  Is it not showing under Programs and Features in Control Panel?

What is your browser?  If IE check

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you running?  I had problems on Mac OS just now.  If you are too, it kept prompting me to quite Safari.  It wasn't running. What I ended up doing was quiting the installer.  It will launch Safari again to report your experiance.  Quit Safari (don't merely close the active Safari window leaving the Safari process running).

I went to Activity Montitor (search for it in Spotlight, or it's in your Applications/Utilities folder.  Change the few from Windowed Processes to All Processes and locate or just search in Activity Monitor for processes called WebKitPlugInAgent and/or WebProcess and quit either or both that may be running. The installation completed after that.

If you're stuck with a prompt to quite Dashboard though before Safari, do the same thing as above for Safari, and search for any process named Dashboard and quit it.  It will immediately open a new process of the same name, but that's OK, it will then allow the Adobe installer to move on.

If you're not on Mac OS, look at these KB support articles:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

Message was edited by: neverman.zero

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Geeluweez wrote:

Although I get a message that it is installed, it is not.

How do you know?  Is it not showing under Programs and Features in Control Panel?

What is your browser?  If IE check

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can't thank you enough for the helpful information. I was about to start tearing my hair out.   It was apparently the Active-X Control that was causing the problem.  You the man! (or woman?)

Geeluweez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines