• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to fix my computer after multiple installs of same adobe product that I didn't start myself.

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got done downloading adobe Flash Player, Reader, Air, + one other.  When they were done installing I had 4 exe files for flashplayer, all exactly the same, 2 readers, 4 of the other that I can't remember the name.  I am wondering why adobe downloads kept loading the same things over and over even though it would say complete and I'd move to next.  I have had adobe stuff on my last computer and there have been some places (sites) that suggested I get it for this one(computer) also.  But I don't want duplicated files taking space.  4 flash player was aprox 45-60.  I'm not on the computer page that I can tell exactly.  But in comparing the files, they are exactly the same.(As far as I can tell they are)  How can I get them off my computer without destroying my computer, or crashing it.  My last computer was windows 95 and it has been a while since I've had it.  This one is brand new and driving crazy figuring it all out.  I do know what flash player downloaded exe files look like and I 've got 4.  Can this be fixed so I'm not waisting space.  Thanks V.

p.s.  I mostly don't understand that these duplicate versions downloaed time and time again.  Shouldn't it be built into software that if it's there already you need to re-install?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The downloads are "installers" not the application itself. You can do no harm in deleting them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

isn't exe file the one that makes a program run so if I erase it or delete it will be gone.  These files arn't in a temp folder thanks for answering btw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"exe" is an executable file. Meaning it is executed by either a double click or a click and pressing "Enter". Installers are therefore, executables.

The files downloaded were "installers" only and will not do anything but install the products in your Program Files folder... which is where the actual applications run from. Since you've already installed the applications, you no longer need the installers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok that does make sense to me and I sorta remember it from my windows 95.days.  My new computer is so beautiful and powerful and just awesome but I'll tell you it has got me so upset at times, frustrated is a better word, u know if u don't keep up with electronics they go by fast!  Thanks so much.  I'm going to delete them see what happens next.  I truely appreciate your help.  Thanks  V

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a Windows 8 laptop and I absolutely HATE it! I've used WIndows since 98, and this has got to be the worst pile of junk Microsoft ever came up with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C F McBlob wrote:

this has got to be the worst pile of junk Microsoft ever came up with.

Don't tell me it's even worse than Vista...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay Pat... I won't.... but it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines