• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webhelp in IE10 not displaying

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2013 Jul 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the fixes suggested and none of these work for our project.  I need this to work asap.  What do I do?  I am using RoboHelp 9 and our files are on a Windows Server 2008 machine.  Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clear, you have only installed the fixes in the output and you have not installed any files in Program Files?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Peter!

I have actually tried 2 different "fixes".  One was the the fix in the output and the other was to copy over some template files in the Program Files.  Neither worked for me.  The first one (output) didn't actually copy over any files as my SSL directory didn't contain these files.  Hope I'm explaining this correctly.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say the first fix did not copy over any files, you mean you did not get a warning that the new files were going to replace existing files, correct?

If so, then there is something wrong with the output as those are standard files in every output.

Generate a new output and check those files were created before looking to overwrite them.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Peter

I just regenerated the output and those files are definitely not there.  I did, however, look at my settings and I'm using the skin "Traditional Style - No Skin".  Would this make a difference?  This is WebHelp that is being generated and attached to a software program so we choose the minimal (no skin) so that nothing "clashed" with the design of the software program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Peter!

I just generated a new output with the "default" skin and the files are there so I guess the "no skin" just won't work.  I'm going through and fixing these now so this can be marked as resolved.  Thank you for pointing out that I needed to have those files there (I've been knocking my head on my desk trying to fix it so I don't think I would have regenerated the outpout without your input, just too frustrated and needed a reminder).

Thank you for the help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Brandy,

We had a similar issue with our robohelp output, even after the patch was installed as per the instructions provided by Adobe granted(we are using Robohelp 10 on a Windows 7 OS) but I stumbled across this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5084875 (item 41 from TechDoc Jeanne) we tried it and it appeared to work. Peter was involved in the threads. Might be worth a try?

Let me know if it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip.  I did actually try this but it did not work for me.  Switching the output to a different skin and adding the files from the fix did seem to work though.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I get the files for the patch? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'no skin' options does not contain the pathed files but seem to have the same issue. I will try to look into it, but I can't promise anything.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link is under Announcements when you visit Adobe Community > RoboHelp (http://forums.adobe.com/community/robohelp) and through Adobe's Forums (http://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/kb/help-visible-using-win-8-ie.html).  There is also a patch for RoboHelp 9 through a 3rd party (http://www.wvanweelden.eu/blog/2013/04/24/ie10-patch-robohelp-9-installation).

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2013 Aug 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, there is a bug in IE10 preventing the content to be shown (while the page is loaded).

Thanks to a solution on MSDN there is a fix for RoboHelp 9 as well. Credit for this fix goes to Cosmin Rus: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/f1388891-885e-4b0f-ba97-125066209b83/ie10-pages-in-...

• WebHelp traditional no skin from RH10 works correct, so this fix is only for RoboHelp 9.
  • I advise you to only use this fix if you are creating traditional style help. If you use a skin, only use the RH9 patch.

To fix it, follow these steps:

1. In your output, open the file whtopic.js with a text editor.

2. Scroll down to the bottom of the file and paste the following text in the file.

if(gbIE) {

var fs=window.top.document.getElementsByTagName("frameset");

for(var i=0; i<fs.length; i++) fs.rows = fs.rows;

}

3. Save the file.

Now make a copy of the modified whtopic.js file and paste it in your output after generation.

The seed file whtopic.js is located in %RH install dir%\RoboHTML\WebHelp5Ext\template_stock

Modify the seed file so you don't have to manually update the files on every generation.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp