• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe fails to solve a problem they created

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last week, Adobe Flashplayer stopped working in both Firefox & Safari on Mac OS 10.4.7.  I do not want to use Chrome as my default browser just to get Flash working.

This is not an Apple problem; they referred me to Adobe which then charged me $39 to fix a problem they created. 

I am furious.

For those of you who are having the same problem: 

Uninstall Flash

Go to Library, Macromedia folder: delete Flash

Go to Library, Cache, delete Flash

THEN do not go back to the main install page; instead, go to tinyurl.com/fplayer111 and download the installer for Flash 11 which I HOPE is the 11.7 version referred to in the notice on this thread as I am really over dealing with this.

One problem: the tech could not tell me how to move the installer off my desktop without endangering the fix.

If you have a solution, please let me know.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The installer and the Flash Player plugin have NOTHING TO DO WITH EACH OTHER once the install is finished.  To get rid of it, you (just like with any other file) click it and press Cmd-Del to send it to the trash. Then empty the trash. I'd be furious too, If I paid $39 for something I could easily have fixed myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you McBlob; I realize they are not related but the Adobe Tech Support guy (in India apparently), told me that deleting it "MIGHT" disable the install we'd just done. Also, as I had uninstalled FP and reinstalled it not once but four times, I had to resort to paid support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tech support guy was "clueless". I was first Apple certified through Intuit in 2004. My certification lapsed in 2007, but that doesn't mean I forgot everything I knew. The installer is an installer only, and contains nothing that connects it to the installed software once the installation is complete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone from Adobe is monitoring this thread, I would like to know why I had to pay for this support since it is clearly not a problem specific to my Mac. I want a refund. I am beginning to see what Jobs meant about Flash.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Employees don't normally monitor these forums. We're just Adobe customers like you here.

Flash is on its last leg as far as I know. The advent of HTML 5 and the ability to embed other media for web viewing (that's compatible with smart phones) will drive the final nails into the coffin. Apple has had a long battle with Adobe over Flash, and technology has saided witht hem against the format.

Unfortunately for a lot of desktop computer users, it's still a necessity.

Is your Mac Intel or PowerPC?  If It's Intel I'd seriously recommend moving to a newer version of OS 10.  Tiger is outdated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines