• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Output format for responsive online help?

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have TCS 4.0 (RoboHelp HTML and FM 11) and I want to create online help for a web server built into a product. The web server is used to set up the product using a web browser.

What I would like to have:

• Import from FrameMaker
  • Online help which is responsive, i.e. it must be adjusted and look right on tablets, smartphones and PCs. For example, for tablets and smartphones I want to hide the TOC when a topic is selected.
  • Preferably only one output system. I tried creating Multiscreen HTML5, but I think it gets too large and there are too many layouts to adjust. I would prefer to have one layout that is adjusted according to screen size. I would like to keep it as simple as possible.
  • Context sensitivity.

Could someone help me in the right direction? Is it possible at all with Robohelp to get all this, and if yes, which output format should I use?

Thanks,

Christiane

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multiscreen HTML5 is the only output designed to work with smartphones and tablets as well as PCs. It produces an output for each and the sniffer page directs the device to the appropriate format. Your third bullet point covers that.

If you go the Multiscreen HTML5 page on my site, there is a demo and the TOC is not seen when viewed on a smartphone or a tablet running iOS or Android.

Currently this way of working is the only option.

Does the product also work on all devices or just the web? I am wondering why you want the help to be multi-device if the product is not. Just curious.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your quick answer!

Yes, the product also works on PCs, smartphones and tablets. I don't know all the details, but the user interface is HTML with responsive design - you access the product's built-in web server from a smartphone, tablet or PC connected to the product by entering an IP address or url. The output is adjusted to the device where it is viewed. The help for the user interface should therefore be accessible from the same devices and also be adjusted to fit them.

Best regards,

Christiane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then it is Multiscreen HTML5 you need. See Multiscreen HTML5 on my site. There is a link to a download and demo. Hope they help.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

and submit a feature request for what you want.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp