• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making CFHTTP requests inside a CFTHREAD inside a CFLOOP...

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been developing an API for FIFA 13 that will allow me to search for cards and if any of the results match my criteria then it will make a bid for that card.

At the moment I have an index.cfm file that contains a 'Start' search button and this calls a JS function which makes a XMLHttpRequest and I call another file from my application in the .open method which makes a CFHTTP request to the server, loops round the response, and submits another CFHTTP request if I'm submitting a bid on any of the returned results.

The issue I seem to be running in to though is that there is a max request per second threshold of 3 which I seem to exceeding.  I've put the JS function within a setInterval function and set it to every 5 seconds (which should be more than enough) but from looking in FireBug what seems to be happening is that some of the CFHTTP search requests are queuing and then sending all within the same second which is causing my session to timeout.

What I've now tried to implement is creating a stand-alone page which does a continous CFLOOP and in each loop does the following:

- Starts a CFTHREAD sleep for 1 second (to stop more than one CFHTTP request being sent per second)

- Starts a CFTHREAD run that does the search (via CFHTTP request), loops round the results, checks how long the current listing has left and resets the start position if more than 59 mins else sets my bid amount, does a CFHTTP request to make sure I've got enough coins, then does a CFHTTP request to make my bid.

- Starts a CFTHREAD join.

The code is as follows:

<!--- INCLUDE LOGIN FUNCTIONS --->

<cfinclude template="connect.cfm" />

<!--- DEFAULT VARIABLES --->

<cfset searchNo = 0 />

<cfset numItems = 16 />

<cfset doSearch = 1 />

<!--- SET START POSITION AS -16 SO THAT FIRST LOOP STARTS AT POSITION 0 --->

<cfset startPosition = -16 />

<!--- OVERWRITE DEFAULT REQUEST TIMEOUT TIME TO 12 HOURS --->

<cfsetting requestTimeOut = "43200" />

<!--- DO LOOP --->

<cfloop condition = "doSearch EQUALS 1">

<!--- INCREMENT VARIABLE FOR THREAD NAME AND SEARCH POSITION  --->

<cfset searchNo = searchNo + 1 />

<cfset startPosition = startPosition + 16 />

<!--- SLEEP FOR 1 SECOND TO AVOID EXCEEDING RPS THRESHOLD  --->

<cfthread action="sleep" duration="1000" />

<!--- RUN PLAYER SEARCH FUNCTION --->

<cfthread action="run" name="playerSearch#searchNo#">

<!--- CALL SEARCH FUNCTION TO MAKE CFHTTP REQUEST --->

<cfset getPlayer = Application.cfcs.Search.getPlayer(SESSION.phishingKey,SESSION.sessionKey,"gold","any","any",0,0,0,0,500,0,0,Variables.startPosition,Variables.numItems) />

<!--- IF RESPONSE FROM SEARCH CFHTTP REQUEST IS SUCCESSFUL AND FILECONTENT HEADER HAS RETURNED JSON DATA --->

<cfif getPlayer.StatusCode EQ "200 OK" AND IsJSON(getPlayer.FileContent)>

<!--- DESERIALIZE RETURNED JSON SO CAN LOOP ROUND EACH RESULT --->

<cfset Variables.searchResults = DeserializeJSON(getPlayer.FileContent) />

<!--- SET LOOP LENGTH --->

<cfset Variables.numResults = ArrayLen(Variables.searchResults.auctionInfo) />

<!--- LOOP ROUND RESPONSE --->

<cfloop from="1" to="#Variables.numResults#" index="i">

<cfscript>

// DETERMINE HOW MANY MINUTES CURRENT ITEM LISTING HAS LEFT

if (Variables.searchResults.auctionInfo.tradeState EQ "active") {

Variables.secondsLeft = Variables.searchResults.auctionInfo.expires;

Variables.timeNow = Now();

Variables.listingEnds = DateAdd("s",Variables.secondsLeft,Variables.timeNow);

Variables.minsLeft = DateDiff("n",Variables.timeNow,Variables.listingEnds);

}

// IF ITEM LISTING HAS MORE THAN 60 MINS LEFT THEN RE-SET START POSITION

if (StructKeyExists(Variables,"minsLeft") AND Variables.minsLeft GT 59) {

Variables.startPosition = 2000;

}

// ELSE IF ITEM HAS LESS THAN 60 MINS REMAINING

else {

// DEFAULT BID AMOUNT

Variables.bidAmount = 0;

// SET BID AMOUNT

// IF ITEM HAS BUY NOW PRICE AND IT IS LESS THAN QUICK SELL VALUE THEN BID THAT AMOUNT

if (Variables.searchResults.auctionInfo.buyNowPrice NEQ 0 AND Variables.searchResults.auctionInfo.buyNowPrice LT Variables.searchResults.auctionInfo.itemData.discardValue) {

Variables.bidAmount = Variables.searchResults.auctionInfo.buyNowPrice;

}

// ELSE IF QUICK SELL VALUE IS 228,231,235,238,242,245 OR 249 BID 200

else if (ListFind("228,231,235,238,242,245,249",Variables.searchResults.auctionInfo.itemData.discardValue) AND Variables.searchResults.auctionInfo.startingBid LTE 200 AND Variables.searchResults.auctionInfo.currentBid LT 200) {

Variables.bidAmount = 200;

}

// GET MY CURRENT COIN TOTAL

Variables.getCoinTotal = Application.cfcs.Club.getCreditsTotal(SESSION.phishingKey,SESSION.sessionKey);

Variables.curCoinsData = DeserializeJSON(Variables.getCoinTotal.FileContent);

Variables.curCoins = Variables.curCoinsData.credits;

// IF CURRENTLY HAVE ENOUGH COINS IN ACCOUNT PLACE BID

if (StructKeyExists(Variables,"curCoins") AND Variables.bidAmount NEQ 0 AND Variables.bidAmount LT Variables.curCoins) {

Variables.makeBid = Application.cfcs.Bid.PlaceBid(Variables.searchResults.auctionInfo.tradeID,Variables.bidAmount,SESSION.phishingKey,SESSION.sessionKey);

Variables.bidsMade = Variables.bidsMade + 1;

} else {

Variables.bidAmount = 0;

}

}

</cfscript>

</cfloop>

</cfif>

</cfthread>

<cfthread action="join" name="playerSearch#searchNo#" />

</cfloop>

This doesn't seem to be running as it should. It seems to run for the first while but then whenever I use another page to check what cards I've bidded on it seems to have made a few at the start of the loop but then that's it (and it should as there's always cards that match my criteria).

Can someone please point me in the right direction of where I might be going wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?