Some topics do not show in WebHelp in IE9/10

Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, to get the vitals out of the way:

• Using TCS 4 (Framemaker 11 and RH 10)
  • Project imported from FM to RH
  • Building WebHelp (approx. 300 topics)
  • WebHelp sent to developer and launched from a web-based server (I believe it's software built with Flash Builder)
  • This issue does not affect Chrome, Firefox, or IE 8
  • The security settings in IE9/10 are as they should be
  • I have CORRECTLY installed the fixes for the IE 10 problem--obviously to no avail
  • When I say IE9/10, that means the following behavior has been seen on both

Stick with me here:

After I create the WebHelp, and open it with IE9/10 on my local system, there are a handful of topics (let's say 6) that appear blank in the contents area of the WebHelp. The topics do appear in the TOC, but if I click them, the content area is blank.

Several times I asked a random co-worker to install and launch the WebHelp with IE9/10, and the topics appeared just fine .

I installed the WebHelp on a brand new system, launched IE9/10 and the topics appeared just fine .

I sent the WebHelp to my developer, who put it into his web-based app, launched it from the server with IE9/10, and the topics appeared just fine .

I opened the IP for the web-based app using my IE9/10--on the same computer where I built the WebHelp--and the topics do not appear in the contents area .

I went around to various  co-workers, asking them to launch the IP for the web-based app using IE9/10, and the topics appeared just fine .

I asked the other technical writer I work with (who is using the same tools) to open the IP of the web-based app using IE9/10 and the topics do not appear in the contents area . In fact, he is experiencing the same problem with one of his projects.

It's interesting for me to note that on all the computers where the topics appeared just fine in the content area, RH was not installed.

Any ideas? (As tomorrow is a holiday, I realize there may not be any feedback until next week).

Thanks,

ipe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

• Are there any plugins you are running in Internet Explorer?
  • Do the topic that appear blank have any DHTML effects attached (other than drop-downs and expanding text)?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William--

There are no plugins running and no DHTML effects.

Thanks,

ipe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2013 Aug 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Very strange. Could you share your project with me so that I can have a look? You can contact me at contact [at] wvanweelden [dot] eu.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp