• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE CC Render error output module failed

Participant ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I tried my best to find this answer on the forums but couldn't find anything current.

I have isolated two issues in AE CC where I can duplicate a failed render with this message:

After Effects error: Rendering error while writing file "xxx". An output module failed. The file may be damaged or corrupted. (-1610153464)

This happens when opening an AE CS6 project and trying to render a simple comp with only one text layer and a moving mask. It also just happened after my first round trip test with Cinema 4D. I could RAM preview the c4d layer but the output to Quicktime h.264 failed.

I have even tried a full reinstall of AE CC. I have the basic FxFactory Pro plugins and MagicBullet Looks installed, but neither are being used since this is a single 1280x720 comp with a single C4D layer. Plus like I said it failed with the same error in past CS6 files.

I don't know how to force disable a plugin to test that, but I can't see how an unused plugin could cause a render to fail like this.

I'm on a new (late 2012) 27" iMac

3.4 GHz Intel Core i7

8GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX with 2GB VRAM

OS X 10.8.4

AE CC 12.0.0.404

CUDA driver 5.0.59

Thanks for any suggestions!

Matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Todd thanks for your answer! A friend of mine pointed me to that page as well and I was able to diagnose the issue. Turns out it was a third party application called AirServer that apparently had the TCP conflict mentioned in your link.

I checked the Console and was able to find a message leading me to confirm the Adobe QT32 Server was crashing. After scanning Activity Monitor for other apps using the same port my eye caught AirServer.

AirServer turns the Mac into an AirPlay receiver from an iOS d

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the part on this page about the QuickTime H.264 codec failing with a large number of threads:

http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2011/02/troubleshooting-quicktime-errors-with-after-effects.html

Why are you using H.264 in a QuickTime container, anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd, as you can see I found the issue. Thanks again.

I'm curious why you question h.264 in a QT container? Would you recommend something like MP4 and if so, why?

Thanks,

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, for one thing, there is the issue that I mentioned regarding the codec not being able to handle large numbers of threads (and therefore failing on many modern computers).

Also, there are  many reports of bad results using this codec, including color shifts and artifacting.

This isn't a general complaint about QuickTime---just about this one codec, which is not Apple's strongest work.

In general, for H.264 export, we recommend using Adobe Media Encoder and its H.264 encoding presets. (Just make sure that you've installed the latest updates.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd thanks for your answer! A friend of mine pointed me to that page as well and I was able to diagnose the issue. Turns out it was a third party application called AirServer that apparently had the TCP conflict mentioned in your link.

I checked the Console and was able to find a message leading me to confirm the Adobe QT32 Server was crashing. After scanning Activity Monitor for other apps using the same port my eye caught AirServer.

AirServer turns the Mac into an AirPlay receiver from an iOS device, so it makes sense that it's using QT over TCP.

So, quitting AirServer completely resolved the issue and I'll be letting their developers know. Didn't even have to uninstall, it just couldn't be running when you launch AfterEffects.

It's just strange to me that this doesn't affect AfterEffects CS6.

Cheers,

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having the same error when I use Quicktime as render output. Sometimes it helps when I restart After Effects CC, but after one or two renders, the error returns. The condec doesn't make a difference, Animation, Apple ProRes, all having problems. Rendering as images sequences or MXF do work.

After Effects CS6 works great! No errors when using the Quicktime render output.

Hope someone can help me out with this. Thanks!

Olaf

My system:

Apple Mac Pro 12-core 2,66 Ghz

OSX 10.8.4

32 GB Ram

Ati Radeon HD 5870 1024MB

No Blackmagic or Aja card installed

Screen Shot 2013-07-12 at 00.37.03.png

Screen Shot 2013-07-12 at 00.38.11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Olaf, did you read my reply where I explained my solution? First you should try the steps outlined in the article Todd references:

http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2011/02/troubleshooting-quicktime- errors-with-after-effects.htm...

There seems to be a good way to isolate if it's the same issue I had, though. Let me go into a bit of depth for you.

The trick was to launch the OS X app called Console, located in Applications > Utilities. It is a program that compiles and displays the system logs in real time. It's great to see the little things happening in the system that don't make it into the user interface. When I had my Console up and generated that same error you're having, I noticed this error in the log:

Screen Shot 2013-07-10 at 9.27.02 PM.png

The key here is the Adobe QT32 Server, which is mentioned in the TCP part of the article I linked to above from Todd. In my case at least, what was happening was that a third party app called AirServer was talking to the system's QuickTime over the same TCP ports the QT32 Server engine was trying, and it resulted in Adobe QT32 Server crashing, and that alert being thrown up in AfterEffects.

If you're in the same boat, it means you have some sort of app or system extension that is also talking to QuickTime over TCP. That may not make any sense, but the easy thing to do is quit ALL third party apps, then quit AE, then restart AE.

In my situation if AE gave me the error and then I quit AirServer, the error still happened because Adobe QT32 had already crashed. You have to relaunch AE after closing the offending third party app.

To be sure you've quit all third party apps, open Activity Monitor (Applications > Utilities), chose "My Processes" from the dropdown menu, and scan through the list to make sure. You don't have to recognize all the processes there, but you should be able to recognize any third party ones you put there.

Hope that helps!

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 07, 2013 Aug 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a new artice from us about solutions for problems with QuickTime files in After Effects CC (12.0): http://bit.ly/QT_AE_CC_12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 15, 2013 Oct 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I'm having the same issue. AE CS6 works fine, but the new version gives this bogus error message. Looks like Adobe needs to fix this bug with an update ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had a similar issue recently - all of the sudden (maybe an adobe update), everytime i tried to render something in prores - i got the "output module failed" error message. although mdworker (OSX's indexing tool) used the same port, killing that task did not solve my problem.

in the end it turned out that i hadn't installed system-updates for a while (running a hackintosh - so i lean more towards the "never-ever change a running system" - philosophy). after installing the last version of the pro codecs from apple, everything went back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2015 May 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed the problem on windows, Thanks to Rameez of Adobe to pointing it out.

He reported that Apple's Quick time peaks out at 12 processors (cores too) to you have to go into Msconfig.exe > Boot>Advanced options > change the cores to 12. You will have to restart and this solved my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 20, 2015 Aug 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This problem happened when I installed After Effects CC 2015 a few days ago, on a Mac running OS X Yosemite 10.10.5.

This post from Todd Kopriva led me to a fix that worked for me: quitting AE, removing a DVD output component completely from my system, then restarting AE.

solutions for problems with QuickTime files in After Effects CC (12.0) because of conflict with DVCP...

Scroll or search to "solutions regarding DVCPROHDVideoOutput QuickTime component from Apple" on that page.

Was grateful to find that tip! Half the day lost to this issue, but thankfully now resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines