• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install Flash

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Operating Mac 10.8.4. Cannot install Flash Player 11. Have tried several times. Keep getting error message stating that I need to close Safari. I keep closing Safari, and I still get the same error message.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the full installer here.

Quit Safari. (Don't just close the window - press Cmd+Q to quit it altogether - a lot of people who switch from Windows to Mac don't realize at first that if you close the window, it DOESN'T quit the application like with Windows - it only closes the window but the app is still running, as the little "light" under the icon in the dock will indicate)

Go to: Mac HD/Library/Internet Plugins.

If the Flash Player Plugin is there, trash it, and empty the trash. If not, never mind that step.

Mount the Flash Player DMG and run the installer.

Relaunch Safari and you should be good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, C F. That worked !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines