• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open RoboHelp's online help

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2007 Feb 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since yesterday I haven't been able to open RoboHelp's on-line help. I've tried accessing the help from both the help menu and by pressing F1 and nothing is happening. I've accessed the help many times in the past, and I've had no problems.
Any ideas?

Also, where is the help file stored? I couldn't find it on my hard driuve.

Thanks,
- Maura

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go into Tools and tick the Use Offline Help. It will then access the local copy instead of the web copy.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,
I didn't realize that there was a difference between online and offline help.
Have other people been experiencing problems the last couple of days?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2007 Feb 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. It quit working for me too. Thanks for the response Peter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2007 Feb 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing at the TechPubs Group where I work -- we depend on RoboHTML and WebHelp. I first thought it might be a local firewall or other domain security issue (blocking Activex or Java applets), but there was absolutely no error message or other clue, just a brief, momentary "busy" cursor and then nada. Would like to know what the bottom line is, as I have used the Online Help extensively over time and recently.

Have a nice weekend!

-- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2007 Feb 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is another thread on this where I posted the matter was being taken up with Adobe. It should be OK now.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 26, 2007 Feb 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The other way to get to the help file is to go into the program directory on your local drive and click on the robohtml.chm file which brings it up in 'stand-alone' mode.

Probably not the recommended way to do it, but it worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp