Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wondering if Business Catalyst could work for me

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear BC Community,

I want to build a site for my business that will utlisise the AWS EC2 computing power - can a BC hosted site interact with the AWS EC2?  I have other questions but if this is not possible I can stop here, so for now I'd appreciate just knowing this.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer me.

Mandy

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mandy,

We don't have any known integration with AWS EC2 however you might want to reach out to Mario (http://www.twoblokeswithapostie.com/) to see what they might suggest as far as a possible custom solution. 

Custom solutions

There are some cases where even Business Catalyst can't do something that your client really wants. Not to worry. We can implement a custom solution for you in Python, Django, PostgreSQL and deploy it on EC2 Amazon servers. Your client will get an Admin interface which will allow them to manage their site like they would on Business Catalyst.

Kind regards,

-Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sidney, much appreciated, I will follow that website up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of resources on AWS do you want to use? BC is a "software as a service" solution and BC will manage scaling your resources, backups, etc. for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the explanation but I need EC2 for rendering video, but I am really keen to try and use business catalyst so will explore what options are available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well you could always just use Wistia (http://wistia.com) since they use Amazon Web Services to host your videos. They also let you upload one .mp4 file and they will transcode it to all the html5 video types and give you a video player to use. It's pretty robust and won't require any manual AWS setup.

They were a startup a while back but I'm pretty sure they are fully funded now and I hear great things about their offerings.  For just $20/month you can remove the "Wistia" brand banner from the player and host and serve up to 10 videos with 20gb bandwidth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for this link but it's not what I need, interesting though. 

Have a great day and thanks again for your assistance.  I hope I can find a way to use BC because already the community is impressing me greatly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines