• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CS6 - Closed Captioning

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently running Premiere Pro CS6 and was looking to create closed captions and export them embedded in a movie file. I know the new "CC" version of Premiere has the capabilities to do this but upgrading to Premiere Pro CC is not an option right for my situation. Can movie files be exported in premiere with closed captions embedded? If there isn't a way to create captions within Premiere itself, please let me know of any other programs that work well with Premiere to create them. Overall I am looking to create custom closed captions and export them with a video file.

Please advise.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can movie files be exported in premiere with closed captions embedded?

Not in CS6.  Closed Captioning goes out to tape only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC doesn't only go out to tape, in CC you can also create from scratch and embed in MOV files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Post corrected.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just confirming, if I was to import a .mcc file (closed caption file) into Premiere Pro CS6 and then export it in a MOV file, there would be closed captions embedded within the video file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.  Closed Captioning in CS6 will only go out to tape.  To get Closed Captioning in a file, you will need CC7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

To clarify what you typed or used "CC7", there is no such a version of CC7. This can only confuse some people into thinking that it is. Especially those who are not familiar with Adobe's versions over the years until now.

As most of us know that Adobe do not create version known as "CS7", instead of it... Creative Cloud known as "CC". Of course not many people are happy with this approach.

Finally, you can create closed captioning in with Adobe Premiere Pro CC (yes, that ends with a "CC": NOT a "CC7"). You can also create closed captioning from ground up (manually) inside Premiere Pro CC.. Or can also use with one of those four different file formats created by other third-party software providers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is no such a version of CC7.

It's true that Adobe promotes it as "Premiere Pro CC".  But it's also true that it is version 7.  (7.0.1 as of yesterday.)  But CS and CC can be mishmashed, so I do often add the number for greater distinction.

I also assume there will one day be a version 8...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I agree.

However, it would be very HELPFUL to include more specific version, so that people out there know which version you refer it to.

As you can see many people get overly confused over this... All. Over. Adobe forums as you can see.

Helpful if we put something like.... Premiere Pro CS6 (including legacy version)... Or Premiere Pro CC version 7.01... If we use this way, this will help some people know which version much less confusion. Hopefully.

Perhaps that Adobe forum moderators should put this helpful guideline on every Adobe apps from  ... Say CS5 to CS6 and CC...

Your thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see many people get overly confused over this... All. Over.

I actually haven't yet seen anyone get confused by my saying CC7.  You're the first whose even mentioned it.

The only confusion in this thread came from the fact that I used the CC abbreviation originally instead of spelling out Closed Captions, so I went back to my post and spelled it out.

Between Closed Captions, Color Correction and now Creative Cloud, I think it's maybe not such a bad idea to continue using CC7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CS refer to the digital formats and CC is the analog format... So CC, would be the casette, and other analog formats. CS is the proper Denotion for the digital coding formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sony Vegas Pro, and a Caption tool from VASST.com called caption assistant is how we get our captions embedded into our show.

It's a little bit of a hassle, but there's no way on Earth I'll move my produciton house over to CC until I know the kinks are worked out, and Even then I may hold on .  Let others be the guinea pig...

Honestly, you can get a copy of Vegas Pro 11 or 12 ( PC only but works well in bootcamp/virtual environments if you're a mac guy ).  and spend the $400 on VASST's Caption Assistant ( Fantastic tool ) (which is exactly what we pay for captions in a single episode).  Then all you have to do is the transcripts imported into the plug-in tool, and away you go, with editability right inside the tool, you can then export the captions, or an scc file that can be used by your TV stations/satelite distribution companies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Xavierri9,

We’re in the same boat as well and upgrading to CC is a last resort measure for us as well.

Here is an idea for you…How about downgrading? I found out that CS5.5 has closed captioning functionality.

we'll probably give it a try, thought I’d share that with you before going forward with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines