• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

General install error - version 11 on Mac Mountain Lion

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS is up to date. Updating flash on firefox. Firefox is latest version (22.0). Firefox is not running. Older flash version is uninstalled successfully.

"General installation error".

Any solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you "uninstall" it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded an uninstaller from the flash site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay.

Go to: MacHD/Library/Internet Plugins... and if the Flash Player.plugin is still there "trash it".
Then go to: Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe and "trash" the Flash Player folder if it's still there.
Empty the trash.

Download the offline installer here (right click and "Save as")

Quit all browsers

Mount the DMG and run the installer

Relaunch Firefox and it should work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you refer to, but I downloaded this:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html

It removed the old flash version, though in retrospect this wasn't necessary.

As for console root usage, it's not a problem for me. "Should be a last resort" for who? You, perhaps. If you don't feel comfortable doing it, then don't. Same with anything. Enjoy your broken flash install...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm a Linux user so Single User Mode and Terminal are second nature to me. But I spent too many years telling Windows users NOT to boot into safe mode to install stuff because if if you have to leave the GUI for anything beyond Kernel level mods... "something ain't right".

I'm totally cool with your solution, and certainly glad that you were able to do it. Unfortunately, these days there are a lot of "Windows converts" who can't do that sort of stuff, like you or I could, so I don't instruct them to try something that if they screw it up, I get my butt chewed for it. I did that with a registry "tweak" in 2005, and nearly got banned. I'm not an Adobe employee, so I don't need to be bawled out by those here who are. I err on the side of caution.

Again, I'm glad you got it worked out... oh, and I don't get to "enjoy my broken Flash install" because mine works. Watching classic movies on YouTube as I type this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a fix:

http://blueskyworkshop.blogspot.com/2013/04/cant-install-flash-on-os-x-mountain.html

This person is right on the money. The install worked perfectly when fired from the console (Terminal) as root user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moosiejv wrote:

I found a fix:

http://blueskyworkshop.blogspot.com/2013/04/cant-install-flash-on-os-x -mountain.html

This person is right on the money. The install worked perfectly when fired from the console (Terminal) as root user.

Terminal installs should be a last resort, but if it worked, more power to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines