• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Previous/Next buttons missing from webhelp (RH10)

Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I generate webhelp in RoboHelp 10 the 'Previous' and 'Next' arrow buttons are missing from the webhelp skin I have created.

The buttons are present when I preview the skin....

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Louis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

They are not Previous / Next buttons in the same way as a web browser. The buttons are for the previous and next topics in a browse sequence and if the topic displayed is not in a browse sequence, the buttons are disabled.

First question therefore is have you created a browse sequence or are you looking for buttons that function the same way as a browser, in other words they scroll through the topics the user has viewed.

If the latter, there are many posts with how to achieve that but post back if

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are not Previous / Next buttons in the same way as a web browser. The buttons are for the previous and next topics in a browse sequence and if the topic displayed is not in a browse sequence, the buttons are disabled.

First question therefore is have you created a browse sequence or are you looking for buttons that function the same way as a browser, in other words they scroll through the topics the user has viewed.

If the latter, there are many posts with how to achieve that but post back if stuck.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2013 Oct 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, is there a limit to the buttons we can add to a webhelp skin? I wanted to add an Expand All and a Collapse All button to the skin we are using, and I can see both of them in the Preview window, but when I publish, only the first one appears. Both are using the  

toolbarscripts01.js script you and William van Weelden have created / updated. I am using the Show() and Hide() functions. (RH10). Both point to the external

toolbarscripts01.js file. Is there something else getting in the way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long time since we heard from you. New name? Congratulations in order?

The only limit I know of is just what you can fit in the space.

You are using a single button that reads Show All / Hide All according to state, correct?

When you click Show All it works but does not get the Hide All button in its place. Correct? Did you add it to baggage?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You'll love this. I am a complete and total idiot. Just needed to select the button on the Nav setup for the SSL. I had done so originally, but forgot to redo it after deleting the second button by mistake. Added back the button, but forgot the SSL checklist. Sigh. Need more coffee.

As for changes, our wee little company was absorbed by Tyler Technologies, so I am no longer the sole techwriter! At last, I get to work with people who speak my language. Great team, and we are incredibly busy bringing an overhaul to our division's content.

Thanks so much for being there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That answers my question...

I thought they were like browser buttons and I have not created a browse sequence...

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp