Unable to install CF10 Updater 11

Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I am unable to install Hotfix 11.

(Windows Server 2008)

I kept getting an error id 2 - when the CF service attempted to restart.

At first I thought it was because I was using the lockdown guide...

So I;

Deleted all the request filter rules,

Deleted the admin web site,

(basically I reverted all the changes I made via the lockdown guide.)

I then uninstalled CF

Reinstalled CF

No Secure profile - no special users etc....

A vanilla install.

i then did the mandatory update.

I then attempted to apply hotfix 11.

It refused to install.

I installed Hotfix 10 - which was successful.

However now, I get a internal server error code 500.

it urned on debugging - but I assume the admin turns it off - because I cannot get any debug information to show on the updates page.

My CF applications seems to be working correctly, though.

If anyone has any ideas I would be appreciative!

Gavin.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned on debugging / retsrated the service and got this instead of the 500 error code;

The web site you are accessing has experienced an unexpected error.

Please contact the website administrator.

The following information is meant for the website developer for debugging purposes.

Error Occurred While Processing Request

The getFromEmail method was not found.

Either there are no methods with the specified method name and argument types or the getFromEmail method is overloaded with argument types that ColdFusion cannot decipher reliably. ColdFusion found 0 methods that match the provided arguments. If this is a Java object and you verified that the method exists, use the javacast function to reduce ambiguity.

Resources:

Enable Robust Exception Information to provide greater detail about the source of errors. In the Administrator, click Debugging & Logging > Debug Output Settings, and select the Robust Exception Information option.

Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are using the correct syntax.

Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.

Browser            Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/28.0.1500.71 Safari/537.36

Remote Address            127.0.0.1

Referrer            https://127.0.0.1/CFIDE/administrator/topnav.cfm

Date/Time            10-Jul-13 05:22 AM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing the same thing after attempting to do an install of Update 10.  Everything seems to work OK, but now when I click on the update icon in CF Administrator, I get this error.  I looked in the \hf-updates folder, and there is no trace of hotfix 10 files.  I did a "download" and then and "install".  I am running on update 9, and previously tried to go straight to update 11, which failed, so I decided to try doing 10 first, just to see if that helped to isolate the problem.  Now I don't have access to doing any updates since it throws the error when I try to go to the updater page.  I was able to do the Updates 10 and 11 on my dev system with no problems at all.

Anyone else seeing this?

thanks

reed

The getFromEmail method was not found.

Either there are no methods with the specified method name and argument types or the getFromEmail method is overloaded with argument types that ColdFusion cannot decipher reliably. ColdFusion found 0 methods that match the provided arguments. If this is a Java object and you verified that the method exists, use the javacast function to reduce ambiguity.

The error occurred in _settings.cfm: line 256

Called from _settings.cfm: line 201

Called from _settings.cfm: line 128

Called from _settings.cfm: line 1

Called from index.cfm: line 143

Called from index.cfm: line 37

Called from index.cfm: line 1

-1 : Unable to display error's location in a CFML template.

Resources:

Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are using the correct syntax.

Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.

Browser            Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/27.0.1453.116 Safari/537.36

Remote Address            192.168.219.39

Referrer            http://hqimpcf01/CFIDE/administrator/topnav.cfm

Date/Time            10-Jul-13 09:26 AM

Stack Trace

at cf_settings2ecfm118487090._factor4(C:/work/cf10_final_hotfix/cfusion/wwwroot/CFIDE/administrator/updates/_settings.cfm:256) at cf_settings2ecfm118487090._factor6(C:/work/cf10_final_hotfix/cfusion/wwwroot/CFIDE/administrator/updates/_settings.cfm:201) at cf_settings2ecfm118487090._factor7(C:/work/cf10_final_hotfix/cfusion/wwwroot/CFIDE/administrator/updates/_settings.cfm:128) at cf_settings2ecfm118487090.runPage(C:/work/cf10_final_hotfix/cfusion/wwwroot/CFIDE/administrator/updates/_settings.cfm:1) at cfindex2ecfm1192890685._factor6(C:/work/cf10_final_hotfix/cfusion/wwwroot/CFIDE/administrator/updates/index.cfm:143) at cfindex2ecfm1192890685._factor8(C:/work/cf10_final_hotfix/cfusion/wwwroot/CFIDE/administrator/updates/index.cfm:37) at cfindex2ecfm1192890685.runPage(C:/work/cf10_final_hotfix/cfusion/wwwroot/CFIDE/administrator/updates/index.cfm:1)

coldfusion.runtime.java.MethodSelectionException: The getFromEmail method was not found.

at coldfusion.runtime.java.ObjectHandler.findMethodUsingCFMLRules(ObjectHandler.java:383)

at coldfusion.runtime.StructBean.invoke(StructBean.java:524)

at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invoke(CfJspPage.java:2465)

at cf_settings2ecfm118487090._factor4(C:\work\cf10_final_hotfix\cfusion\wwwroot\CFIDE\administrator\updates\_settings.cfm:256)

at cf_settings2ecfm118487090._factor6(C:\work\cf10_final_hotfix\cfusion\wwwroot\CFIDE\administrator\updates\_settings.cfm:201)

at cf_settings2ecfm118487090._factor7(C:\work\cf10_final_hotfix\cfusion\wwwroot\CFIDE\administrator\updates\_settings.cfm:128)

at cf_settings2ecfm118487090.runPage(C:\work\cf10_final_hotfix\cfusion\wwwroot\CFIDE\administrator\updates\_settings.cfm:1)

at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.invoke(CfJspPage.java:244)

at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.doStartTag(IncludeTag.java:444)

at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._emptyTcfTag(CfJspPage.java:2799)

at cfindex2ecfm1192890685._factor6(C:\work\cf10_final_hotfix\cfusion\wwwroot\CFIDE\administrator\updates\index.cfm:143)

at cfindex2ecfm1192890685._factor8(C:\work\cf10_final_hotfix\cfusion\wwwroot\CFIDE\administrator\updates\index.cfm:37)

at cfindex2ecfm1192890685.runPage(C:\work\cf10_final_hotfix\cfusion\wwwroot\CFIDE\administrator\updates\index.cfm:1)

at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.invoke(CfJspPage.java:244)

at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.doStartTag(IncludeTag.java:444)

at coldfusion.filter.CfincludeFilter.invoke(CfincludeFilter.java:65)

at coldfusion.filter.IpFilter.invoke(IpFilter.java:64)

at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(ApplicationFilter.java:449)

at coldfusion.filter.RequestMonitorFilter.invoke(RequestMonitorFilter.java:48)

at coldfusion.filter.MonitoringFilter.invoke(MonitoringFilter.java:40)

at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:112)

at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:94)

at coldfusion.filter.BrowserDebugFilter.invoke(BrowserDebugFilter.java:79)

at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:28)

at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:38)

at coldfusion.filter.NoCacheFilter.invoke(NoCacheFilter.java:46)

at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:38)

at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:22)

at coldfusion.filter.CachingFilter.invoke(CachingFilter.java:62)

at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:219)

at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(BootstrapServlet.java:89)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)

at coldfusion.monitor.event.MonitoringServletFilter.doFilter(MonitoringServletFilter.java:42)

at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(BootstrapFilter.java:46)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)

at coldfusion.filter.ClickjackingProtectionFilter.doFilter(ClickjackingProtectionFilter.java:75)

at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(BootstrapFilter.java:46)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:224)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:169)

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:168)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:928)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:414)

at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.process(AjpProcessor.java:204)

at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:539)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:298)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2013 Jul 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this immediately after the update, but the update log was clear and after bouncing the server all looks normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a lot of files being replaced/modified in this update and it is possible one failed to copy correctly.  I don't want to assume anything, so don't take offense if this seems obvious, but you may need to check the update log (ColdFusion10\cfusion\hf-updates\hf-10-00011) to see if there were failures.

I am having completely different error that is preventing the update from taking place at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 26, 2013 Jul 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Gavin,

Did you try to install update 11 manually?

Like if you were able to download the .jar from CF admin then the hotfix_011.jar will be present in : C:\ColdFusion10\cfusion\hf-updates

Just copy and paste this .jar in C:\ColdFusion10\jre\bin and then run command prompt as Run as admin, change the directory to cd C:\ColdFusion10\jre\bin

java -jar hotfix_011.jar >>hotfix11.log

Observe that are you able to install the hotfix manually or not. If you face any issue, then share the info mentioned in the hotfix.log present in C:\ColdFusion10\jre\bin

Thanks

VJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation