• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installed flash player many times and still unable to play certain games and view videos

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have troubleshooted and shutdown and restarted after it says it was completed but still unable to view and play.  Please help.  I have Windows 7.

Was able to play games and view videos a couple of weeks ago.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the offline installer  http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_hea...

Download the Shockwave FULL installer  http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/otherversions/

Close all browser windows completely

Uninstall both FlashPlayer AND Shockwave from your Control Panel>Programs and Features>Uninstall a Program

Run the Shockwave installer

Run the Flash Player Installer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2013 Jul 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C F McBlob - Thank you, I did exactly what you wrote and then tried to view a video or play a game and the same thing pops up, you need to install the latest flash player. I've already checked to make sure it downloaded.  They are both there, but it still says it.  Anything else I can do?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just one video/site or everywhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2013 Jul 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to view Youtube, but can no longer view any videos on Facebook or play games through that site as well. Everytime I click on the game or the vid, it tells me I need to download the latest version of flash player....which I have done several times.  I have IE and I checked my ActiveX and the checkmark was not there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just fixed the problem......Tools/manage add-ons/enable shockwave flash object......mine was disabled.  Thanks for all your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just corrected my probem that is the same as your. Go to IE gear symbol in upper right corner and click go to safety and unclick active X filtering. It corrected my problem immediately. Now I found you can disable active x just for certain sites which may be a better solution. I found the thread here in the forum. good luck

Kate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

campanirio wrote:

I just corrected my probem that is the same as your. Go to IE gear symbol in upper right corner and click go to safety and unclick active X filtering. It corrected my problem immediately. Now I found you can disable active x just for certain sites which may be a better solution. I found the thread here in the forum. good luck

Kate

THAT.... is why I DON'T USE INTERNET EXPLODER.
Firefox, Chrome, Opera Safari.... NONE of them use ActiveX controls. NONE of them have this kind of problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines