• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't install flash player.I've tried the trouble shoot suggestions,nothing works.

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It downloads,starts installing,then says"don't have sufficient privileges".I tried the suggestion and make sure my Internet options are correct.I'm suppose to be the administrator,I'm listing as one.I been using a old version for a year or more,and it works.I recently tried to use flash payer as usual,but it wasn't working at all.I tried updating,like many times before,Tried to install latest version,nothing.I keep trying the trouble shoot help suggestions,nothing.Short of reinstalling windows,what can i try? I got windows xp sp3,and use fire fox 22.I know I need to upgrade windows,but I have a old computer,slow,and don't have the money to up grade,please help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the offline installer

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-pla yer-windows.html#main-pars_header (right click and "Save as")

Download the Shockwave FULL installer

http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/otherversions/

Close your browser

Uninstall Flash Player AND Shockwave uisng your Control Panel & Add/Remove Programs

Install the Shockwave plugin

Install the Flash Player

You should be good to go

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2013 Jul 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you follow the previous poster's instructions and still get "insufficient privileges", try the following: right-click on the downloaded Flash Player installer, then select 'Run as Administrator'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 8.1, Firefox 55.0.2

I tried installing Flash Player (flash player26) for my OS. I am still getting insufficient user priviledges to install application error

1) download the uninstaller for flash player

2) close firefox and run uninstaller. Message indicated successful

3) download flash player26 (for OS8 and firefox, adobe does not provide a version for OS8.1)

4) close firefox

5) installed flash player26 with Run As admin

results: Still having same error message Insufficient user priviledges

PLS HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please try rebooting your machine once. If that does not help, you can use the offline installers available under 'Still having problems' section on Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Divya

Since i dont hv authority despite logging on as admin, and even running the install_flash_player.exe as admin with error code "insufficient authority for FlashUtil32_26_0_0_151_Plugin.exe in syswow64" to be written into C:\windows\syswow64 folder"

I google and managed to find install_take_ownership.reg tool thats from a trusted site. Run a mcafree scan against this as its an executable. Run it (there is no option to run with admin). Locate c:\windows\syswow64 folder, right click against this folder and select "take control" (this option will only appear if u run the install_take_ownership" tool

it will flash past a lot of messages and messages will disappear after a while or it will tell u owner change to eg BETH etc, or this is not by this owner etc (could be another group eg trustedinstaller whatever). This tool reported that i have now FULL control of this syswow64 folder

Run the install_flash with admin and encountered error 1041 and google and realised i didnt close browser. So close browser re-run install_flash with admin and VIOLA! Flash_26 installed and appeared on firefox addons

So those who encountered errors such as insufficient authority and tried to run uninstaller then run install and still failed can consider trying my method. Pls take note of this particular steps

1) Download the uninstaller

Uninstaller for Windows

2) close ALL browser

3) run the uninstaller WITH ADMIN

4) download Install_flash_player.exe instead of going to adobe to download the flash player as this sometimes dont work

Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

or,

5) CLOSE ALL BROWSER

6) Run install_flash_player, if successful go cry and laugh at same time, if not, do the following (and note the error message). If its generic, "insufficient priviledges" download and try installing Flash Player For xxx on step 4, for eg, for me using firefox and win8.1, i just click on Flash Player for firefox and it will give u install_flash_player.exe instead of a flash_playerxxxx (for me its flashplayer26_install.exe)

7) Download and save install_take_ownership.reg tool and scan it for virus even though its from a HTTPS site (pls note this is a HTTPS site, does NOT mean u dont scan for virus)

6 Tools To Take Ownership and Get Full Control Of Files and Folders • Raymond.CC

Download Take Ownership

8) locate the troublesome folder that error code indicated, right click and you should see an added option "take ownership" click on that and it will tell you whether it was successful to take ownership of this folder

9) CLOSE ALL BROWSER

10) run install_flash_player with admin

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier

I got a very challenging time trying so many days and so many methods. links provided for the steps above of what works for me. Hope its helpful and not as time wasting going thru too many links and methods to try installing flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on your first link, I get a 404 page error message - Page not found.

I, too, am totally frustrated trying to install the latest version of Flashplayer. I use Windows 10 and Firefox (don't know what version).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem similar to madog2020's, except that I am on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant comment on Mac as I dont use it, u may need to google on links to c whether there are any helps. A specific authority/access issue can be solved using take ownership tools/apps/manually tweak

osxdaily.com/2013/04/23/change-file-ownership-mac-os-x

Typically try to take ownership of folder system32 and syswow64, these are the 2 folders that flash will write to. 32 is for 32 bit windows and 64 for 64bit. If u dont hv 32 thats alrite, i am on 64bit machine, using 32bit ff, and have both folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give me advice how to make this work on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just asked "Please give me advice how to make this work on a Mac.", but the question is addressed to Mike M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled flash player and shockwave. I was able to re-install shockwave but I get a notice on flash player after it has installed about 60% that I don't have sufficient privileges. I am the administrator and the only person using this laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DONT download flash player from adobe, download the standalone exe for one of your browser above. Pls read and FOLLOWED the steps i purposely detailed. By installing standalone flash u would be able to read the actual error message whether its a folder that u dont hv "authority"

GOTO 1) c:\windows\system32 and do a search for "flash"

2) download and install takeownership.pro

3) right click against "flash" folder and select takeownership, it will indicate whether this is done successfully

4) c:\windows\syswow64 and do a search for "flash"

a) take ownership and read the message

* You may need to restart PC/lappy

** closing AV will still give u "authority" issues I hv tried that. Take ownership works like magic

5) CLOSE ALL browsers and reinstall flash player

*** u may want to check that browser is upto date, if not download and install latest browser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please share Adobe_ADM.log file from your machine. To get the log file location, you can refer to Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on Windows? . Once you have the log file upload the same and post a link to the uploaded files here. To know how to upload files you can go through How to share a document page.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying to help, but I use a Mac.

Peter Papesch, AIA

Chair, BSA Sustainability Education Committee

Co-chair, Back Bay Green Initiative

617 267-6598

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

For Mac you can get the log location from Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh?  page. Upload and share the same.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines