• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

does anyone know of any other player that works the same as this stupid crap.

Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im completley sick of installing this flash player over and over and over and having it tell me it installed succesfully and the stupid shit doesnt work, ive tryed everything on there damn list of possable problems at least a dozen times and im done. i need either adobe to fix it or i need another player to do what it does. i cant play any of my games, that i used to, and i cant watch anything without this peice of crap thing.  someone please help me before i throw my computer through the wall or a window or something.  soo angry with this .   please, thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being as it WORKS for billions of other users, how 'bout you provide us with a little information so we can determine WHY it doesn't work on your system, eh?
Operating system...

Browser you use it with

What sites doesn't it work at (or all if that's the case)

Oh, and we're not Adobe employees here. Most of us are just customers like you, but if we can fix it, let's give it a try, OK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are billions of installations, but that doesn't mean everyone actually uses FP. For every question asked here, I would bet there are at least 10 people with the same problem who just gave up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I won't argue the math, because it's likely neither of us has it right, but there ARE billions (3.2 by best estimate) of Facebook users and YouTube viewers worldwide who use it every day. And a lot of people do "just give up", but the cause is usually something they've got installed which "doesn't play well" with FP or a virus.

I've only been using this screen name since April, but I've been troubleshooting FlashPlayer Reader Photoshop Audition (Soundbooth befiore that) and Dreamweaver here since 2004, for both Windows and Mac users.

I've seen a lot in that time, and most of it was stuff other than Adobe that caused the problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I know is back in April a new release caused massive failures on Windows 7 systems. There were many questions of WTF ?  Based on questions posted here, thousands of users must have had video problems. At least one person posted he bought a new video card to fix his problem. I spent well over 20 hours swapping cards, testing different drivers & never could get the new release to work. So I use an old release and am happy.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm... I downloaded the full installer of that update from my public library in April, because I didn't have my Internet connection at home then, and installed it on a six (6) year old e-machine with Win 7 Ultimate on it.
When I got my Internet connection in Mid April, it worked fine with all the major news sites, YouTube and even FaceBook's "You Don't Know Jack" game.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its for windows 7 home edition, i have had it running fine on here before then i restored my computer to factory, and it just wont work, i was running it on google before, and this time i installed google chrome, and also tried running it without, ive only tryed to run games on facebook and also youtube, and they both tell me no flash player is found. over and over. ive went over everything so many times. i just dont know what to do. also when i install it it tells me everything has successfully installed or downloaded. what ever it says.  please any sugestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are NO Windows based alternatives. An open source group had one a few years ago, but it is no longer available. 

http://www.gavick.com/magazine/alternative-to-the-flash-player-lightspark-now-also-on-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats too bad i have to try to figure this out i guess i must be missing something. like i said it worked on here before, this is why im so frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have a video card installed ? If so, remove it and use the port on the motherboard.

If that works, then try the video card in VGA mode if possible. One step at a time.

Reboot anytime you change anything. It may not always be necessary but it can't hurt.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its a lab top

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11.7.700.224 runs fine on my old  HP 6940p laptop, win 7 utlimate 64.

I have no clue   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HP 6930p that is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this one says its the hp 64 bit, i dont know. but its not that old, maybe a year and a half.  is there a way i can download and install an older version of the flash player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

follow these directions very carefully & it can be done.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4487439#4487439

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok will do thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2013 Jul 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is what I do not understand. For several years I consistently have had trouble with every new version/update of FP; everytime. Getting it installed and having it run the first time never happens.

And then the troubleshooting begins. UNinstall, DISable virus protection, REinstall, REenable virus protection, reboot multiple times, rinse and repeat, check drivers, update drivers, revert to old drivers, reboot multiple times.....hunt the web for solutions, try this, try that, and on and on.

It seems like thousands of people have the same problems with every update or new version of FP.

Because the web has so much flash content, people can't do without FP, but why can't people get updated versions or new versions without all this to-ing and fro-ing?

I have signed up to Adobe Community quite a few times and posted queries asking for help. But not once has my query and problem been addressed, even though pages and pages of posts submitted after mine are answered. If my posts have been made in the wrong forum, it would be nice for someone to let me know that and where to move them to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines