Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to reinstall flash player on Windows 8

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am trying to re-install Flash after deleting it entirely following this http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html . I needed to delete Flash, because it started crashing IE10 frequently.

I am running Windows 8 Pro - 64 bit / IE10 desktop mode.

Whenever I go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer it just redirects me to http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-8.html - I am offered no way to reinstall flash.

Can somebody provide advice?

Cheers

Peter (btw, the "Set Screen Name" of this forum is really annoying - so I had to choose some strange screenname).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reply - however, these downloads do not install for IE10 - they are only related to other browsers. As far as I understand, Microsoft chose to include Flash in Windows Update, which is why you cannot download Flash from Adobe's website.

Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's odd. About ten minutes ago I just installed FlashPlayer for Firefox AND IE 10 on a new HP laptop for my brother. Windows 8 64bit. Downloaded and installed without only one glitch other than the User Account Controls asking if I was sure I wanted to... The system has Webroot antivirus and it quarantined the first download as "infected". It also did that with Firefox, Reader and Shockwave, so my guess is that Webroot has some pretty crappy virus definitions. It also said my brother's website contained "malicious content". Well, I know it doesn't because I built it myself, and I don't recall putting any "malicious content" in it.
Point is, I had to disable the antivirus to get the Adobe freeware to download and install, but it worked... Both Flash Players installed and confirmed the install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay.
Before you installed FP on Win8 were your HP laptop cleaned up entirely according to this guide? http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

- If not, that might constitute the oddity between your setup and the issues I am facing.

Any other advice is appreciated - does not seem that Adobe have a solution on their website anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that article is irrelevant to the situation I had, because there WAS NO Flash Player at all on the laptop. I could hardly "clean up" something that didn't exist to begin with, which would belie Microsoft's claim that Windows 8 comes with Flash Player included. This was "straight out of the box" and it was nowhere on the system.

I'd submit that the ONLY difference is: the FIRST thing I did was open IE and download (after a failed attempt - thanks to the antivirus) Firefox. After disabling Webroot, I was able to install Firefox, and use it to download the Adobe "freebies", but Windows required a reboot and the a/v relaunched on login and IMMEDIATELY deleted what I'd just downloaded, so I had to disable it again, and re-download & install Reader, AIR, Shockwave, and FP for Firefox as well as IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying McBlob.

Dissabling antivirus or similar program has unfortunately no effect in my case. I cannot find the right place to download FlashPlayer that works on Windows 8 64 Bit pro _and_IE10. The installation for Firefox/Safari etc went fine, but it does not install FlashPlayer to IE 10.

Maybe some Adobe officials wants to comment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are MAJOR issues with Flash Player and 64 bit IE from all that I've read here

You can download the full installer here, but I can't guarantee it'll work with IE X64. My use of IE has been so limited (testing webpages before publishing) that I really don't have much experience with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2013 Jul 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Thanks again.

Okay - well, it seems to work fine in all other instances than with flash.

The problem has been solved more or less by "itself" - Windows Update provided some updates and Flash Player was reinstalled automatically - it now works again. Thanks for the feedback though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HelpMeScreenName wrote:

it just redirects me to http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-8.h tml - I am offered no way to reinstall flash.

Which should offer you the Microsoft downloads under http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-8.html#main-pars_header_0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reply - the Microsoft downloads are for Windows 8 RT - unfortunately they don't work for the Windows 8 Pro version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines