Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player for Adobe Reader and Acrobat

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello folks,

We are seeing more Adobe Portfolio documents but lately our users are unable to view them with Reader / Acrobat XI.

I applied to distribute the Flash installer using this page:

http://www.adobe.com/products/players/flash-player-distribution.html

I get a confirmation email but this leads me to another page with only Flash browser plugins.

Where can I get a .MSI?  How do we deploy the FULL Flash Player in an enterprise?

Thanks

Rice

Capture.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 13, 2013 Jul 13, 2013

But the MSI installer for the plugin is on that page; in the row that says 'Windows, Plugin-based browsers'.  This is the plugin that is used by Acrobat XI and Adobe Reader XI.

P.S. yes, that sentence regarding "full Flash Player" on that help page is a bit misleading; it is the plugin version that must be installed in addition to the ActiveX version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When they grant the license, I've been told that they provide links for MSI downloads. Not being an Adobe employee or distributor, I've never seen it personally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They didn't send you the distribution link?  Here it is: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah!  That is the same link Adobe emailed me.  I only see useless Flash browser pluggins or maybe I am blind? 

Adobe's help page says my Flash Active X isn't good enough (we are a Chrome shop anyhow) and since I'm a LAN admin, I need apply for the liecense to get the .msi (which I did).   It is possible their help page is wrong or I am missing something?

Thanks

Rice

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2013 Jul 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the MSI installer for the plugin is on that page; in the row that says 'Windows, Plugin-based browsers'.  This is the plugin that is used by Acrobat XI and Adobe Reader XI.

P.S. yes, that sentence regarding "full Flash Player" on that help page is a bit misleading; it is the plugin version that must be installed in addition to the ActiveX version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2013 Jul 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha!  Yes, that works!  I didn't realise Adobe Reader was a browser!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2013 Jul 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a browser, of course, but an application that uses plugins.  But I realize that a lot of wording in Adobe documents causes confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2014 Sep 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

tried all this and I still get the same error in acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines