• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy a Project

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2007 Feb 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to copy an entire project in X5? My department wants two versions of the same Help system running simultaneously. If there's no way to copy the whole thing, any advice on the most efficient way to recreate the project in a different folder?

Thanks!

Jeff Kersh
American HealthTech

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows cut and paste!

If you are talking about different drives then you might want to zip it up, move it and then unzip it.

I am assuming these two projects are not to brought back together again. If they are then post back or are we just talking about output?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're two separate projects, not to be brought back together, with separate outputs. At one point one of them will become the only one (long, convoluted story). So my best bet is maybe to create a new project and import the topics? This is a big (50mg) project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who said anything about a new project? Copy the main folder for the old project and paste that wherever. Rename the folder, then open it as if it were a different project. go to File | Rename Project and then off you go.

No need to recreate the structure, TOC and everything else.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2007 Feb 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, Peter...that's just what I need. I had no idea it could be that easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp