Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems running Flash 11.7.700.224 on Fire Fox 22.0

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Participants,

I have mistakenly posted this query on the Adobe Community > Flash Player > Using Flash Player > Discussions Forum.

I finally found the Flash problems forum (hope this is the right one)and am moving this unresolved problem here to installation problems.

If it needs to be moved to another forum to be answered, please tell me where.

The posts I am moving are below in order, and the bottom one is my latest post about this, today.

I hope someone can help, I have spent days on this and I need some expertise -I am not very savvy with computers.

Thank you!

---------------------------------------------------------

Problems running Flash 11.7.700.224 on Fire Fox 22.0

Jul 9, 2013 2:15 AM

Problems running Flash 11.7.700.224 on Windows 8 (64 bit), Fire Fox 22.0. Plug-in crashing and/or not responsive messages; browser hanging and/or slow, especially when opening new windows; You Tube videos error messages; Flash not detected on Adobe Troubleshooting page, even though installed; Flash content loads but does not display in window (no frame, or black or white screen in frame). Thank you for any reply, hopefully simple -I'm not technically inclined.

----------------------------------------------------------

Jul 9, 2013 4:05 AM  

Curious solution found.

I uninstalled Flash Player using the uninstaller: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows. html

Next, I downloaded the Flash Player version for FF22.0 on Win 8. This was supposed to be 11.7.700.224 according to the link.

However, the link provided a download for Flash Player 11.8.800.94.

It works!

I've run this on You Tube where I have has 100% Flash Crash every time. But with FlASH 11.8.800.94 no problems.

Others with FF and Flash Player 11.7.700.224 problems might try this and if it works, please reply here for others to read.

Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------

Jul 11, 2013 3:59 AM

After using Flash player 11.8.800.94 for one day, it crashed.

So,I uninstalled it using the uninstaller provided

by adobe then

disabled avast then

reinstalled 11.8.800.94.

Attempted to restart, but got this error message:

The exception unknown software exception (0xe0434352) occurred in the application at location 0x74c02005.

While writing it down, restart reverted to desktop.

Successfully restarted and opened FF22.0 browser,  enabled anti virus program, and then

went here: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html#

main_Find_the_Flash_Player_version_installed_on_your_machine to check version.

I could not see the Flash movie, the version checker said that Flash Player is not installed -- even though it shows Shockwave Flash 11.8.800.94 installed on the plugins list on Fire fox add-ons manager.

Is there a difference between Flash Player 11.8.800.94 and the latest Flash Player plugin for Fire Fox, or are they the same thing?

I have no idea how to fix this and not finding any clear answers on any of the other discussion question pages on this topic.

Can anyone from Adobe please help?

--------------------------------------------

July 11

Uninstalled Shockwave Flash 11.8.800.94

Disabled Anti virus

Reinstalled Shockwave Flash 11.8.800.94

Restarted, enabled anti virus.

Verified installation at 'Find Version': You are running Shockwave Flash 11.8.800.94 (Check!)

Everything working fine.

July 12

Using Shockwave Flash 11.8.800.94 -all good until turned off pc, then got this error message again:

The exception unknown software exception (0xe0434352) occurred in the application at location 0x74c02005.

Later, restarted pc and Shockwave Flash 11.8.800.94 stopped working while viewing flash content. Blank white screens instead of content and messages that "Shockwave Flash is busy or is not responding, you can wait and see if it will continue or stop it now." (something like that).

FP is now not working at all. Another visit to 'Find Version' verifies that -- I cannot see either the flash movie, or the version display box.

I am also having problems with pages loading (slow) scripts running (slow) and just general lag and browser hanging. These problems occur when FP 11.8 is not working smoothly, but do not occur when it is working well or when it is not installed. They did not occur before I installed the latest version.

I also have some questions. Is it unnecessary to download the latest version of FP, when it is already embedded in Win8? Does it cause a conflict somehow to have it embedded and also downloaded?

I wanted to change my embedded FP Update setting to always download, but it is greyed out.

I also do not understand if the embedded FP on Win 8 will work for Fire Fox 22.0, or if I have to have the plug in for FF. Will having both cause a conflict somehow? Of course the embedded FP in Win 8 is for use with IE10, and will always be updating in the back ground, but I think I need the plug in version for Fire Fox. Is it possible to disable the embedded version of FP?

EDIT:

After reading How do I troubleshoot Flash Player's protected mode for Firefox? posted June 15, 2012, with 858,732 views, I see that this looks like an ongoing problem with FF.

I next read Attention: Please read for important changes to Flash Player 10.3. I see that the extended support release has been extended to Fp 11.7 which has a protected mode for FF.

Since there are no replies to my problem, I will try that and hopefully return with my results, but it is difficult to use this site with a flash player that does not work well.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2013 Jul 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it is July 13th, my post/query has had 100 views, but no replies or responses to this problem.

Have I posted this in the wrong forum?

Today I have uninstalled FP again, and 'find version' shows that none is installed on my computer; but the browser is working normally again -no hanging. 

I still need some help with figuring out which FP version to use for my system and browser and if there is a conflict somewhere with the embedded FP on My Win 8 OS and any version of FP I install for FF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit System Info:  Sorry, that should say Windows 8, 32 bit (not 64 bit).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sallyseagull wrote:

I also have some questions. Is it unnecessary to download the latest version of FP, when it is already embedded in Win8? Does it cause a conflict somehow to have it embedded and also downloaded?

I also do not understand if the embedded FP on Win 8 will work for Fire Fox 22.0, or if I have to have the plug in for FF.

Flash Player is embedded in IE10 on Windows 8; there is no need to manually install it.  Updates for this ActiveX control are provided by Microsoft via Windows Update.  For more info see http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-8.html

The plugin for Firefox must be installed manually.

I do not know why you experience all the problems you describe; I have used Flash Player for many years (since around version 6) on many different computers, and I have never had the slightest problem using or updating it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2013 Jul 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that, but I still can't access flash content using Fire Fox.

Yesterday I had no FP manually installed -just the embedded FP in Win 8. I could view the video, but was prompted by Fire Fox to install a missing plug in. I clicked on install and FP 11.8.800.94 downloaded and installed. The Adobe Find Version page identified that it was installed and I could access flash content for the entire browser session. But when I shut down my system I got the same exception message again:

I restarted and uninstalled Flash 11.8 and returned to the Adobe Find Version page. No Flash Player identified on my pc,the flash movie and version info is just a blank box.

I then attempted to load a flash game but got the following message "A plugin is needed to display this content."

Obviously, FP 11.8 does not work with my FF22.0 browser, but which one do I use?

Ilooked at your suggestion for updates for ActiveX control. My Windows Updates are up to date, but I find no help on the Flash Player Issues Windows 8 page you suggested because it pertains to using Flash in IE 10, and my problem is with using FP in Fire Fox 22.0.

Still going round in circles with this problem.

Which Flash Player plug in do I use for Win 8, 32 bit, Fire Fox 22.0?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sallyseagull wrote:

In that error message, the application name did not appear?

Anyway, if it was the Flash Player plugin that crashed, Firefox could possibly have disabled it by itself?  Can you check (Tools | Add-ons | Plugins) if Shockwave Flash is listed and enabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that was the entire error message, no application listed.

No, Tools | Add-ons | Plugins does not list any Shockwave Flash or Flash Player or plugin for either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is weird...

In C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash do you have anything NPSWF32... listed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not have any Macromedia file in syetem 32 when I last replied to your question. I had uninstalled FP 11.8, but my embedded FP on Windows 8 was (and is) still showing in Control Panel Items but did not and does not appear when checking version on the Adobe Find Version page.

Before reading your last reply, I did UNinstall 11.8 and then installed flashplayer_11_7_plugin_debug   (FP 11.7.700.232).

This NOW shows up as Shockwave Flash ver. 11.7.700.232 in mozilla add-ons manager and is listed in system32 as a folder: C:\Windows\system32\Macromed with many files in the folder.

The Flash Player 11.7.700.232 worked on Mozilla FF 22.0 for several hours before not being able to play some flash content and then crashed. An odd window kept appearing while trying to use it, I did not copy the test of it, but will try and reproduce the problem, and copy and post the text here in a further discussion box on our discussion.  A subsequent check to Adobe Find Version page shows that FP 11.7.700.232 is CURRENTLY installed and functoning. But it still does not play all Flash content that I encounter on the internet.

I did NOT use the Adobe Full Installer to install Flash Player 11.7.700.232, I simply downloaded the file to desktop and manually installed it off line.

If I DO need to uninstall FP 11.7.700.232, and reinstall it using the Adobe Full Installer, please tell me in detail how because I thought that the Full Installer had a different version of FP in it.

What I mean is, if I download and run the Full Installer, is that also simultaneously installing a different version of FP? Or do I run it and THEN install FP 11.7.700.232?

Thank you for following along and replying, Pat. I am not very literate with PC's and the problem is likely something that I am doing wrong!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Addendum to last post:

I reproduced the error message I sometimes get with FP 11.7.700.232 and also include a web page (out of many) where Flash content will not load and missing plugin message is seen.

The other problem is the error window that occurs sometimes with some flash content  When this occure, flash content has downloaded and can be seen and interacted with, but at some point, the following error window and message appears:

An ActionScript error has occurred:

TypeError: Error at 10009 cannot access a property or method of a null object reference

at ho_fla: Main Timeline/finish ()

at ho_fla: Main Timeline/run ()

The second problem is not being to access all flash content where I encounter it on the web. For example, I cannot get FP to load on this page, the flash frame/window is black with "additional plug in required to play this content" message, and FF prompts me to install missing plug in via a install prompt at top of page. Here is one page where that happens:

http://nekogames.jp/g.html?gid=YUKICHI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It doesn't matter if you install Flash Player with the standard installer or the full installer; both will install the same at the end.

The ActionScript errors should not occur, except if you hava accidentally the debug player installed.  Go to http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html#main_Find_Flash_Player_version... - what does it say on the Debug Player line?

Regarding Neko Games; that one requires Shockwave Player, not Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines