• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Installer asks me to to quit an app called AnalystManager

Enthusiast ,
Jul 13, 2013 Jul 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such app ona Mac. Am I trying to install a Win version? It says the Flash Installer is a dmg.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2013 Jul 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know much about Mac OS, but there is something called Activity Monitor that let you see (and close) any running application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2013 Jul 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lundberg02 wrote:

There is no such app ona Mac. Am I trying to install a Win version? It says the Flash Installer is a dmg.

DMGs won't run in WIndows (at least not that I've ever seen) so you've definitely got a Mac installer.
I've never heard of AnalystManager, and a quick Google search yielded nothing on it.
Cmd+Opt+Esc is Mac's version of the "three finger salute" to open the "Force Quit" window. If AnalystManager doesn't show in there, then go to Applications/Utilities and open the Activity Monitor as Pat mentioned and see if it shows as a running process. I'm curious as to what it is. Ten years on Macs and this is the first I've ever heard of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eighteen years of Mac. There is no such thing. Force Quit does not show it. Easy Find can not find it on my computer. Adobe is nuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you run the offline installer, it shouldn't behave like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks McBlob. That worked because it allowed me to Force Quit the list of running apps, unlike the small dmg.   I am very suspicious of this AnalystManager and may try a malware remover. I had thought that it might be an Opera extension but it wasn't. I don't have any malware symptoms that I know of, and I haven't even heard of any, but an unknown app running is bad news.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2013 Jul 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a lot of research on AnalystManager... or tried to anyway. Mac or Windows, there simply IS NO software by that name, legitimate or otherwise. You mention Opera, which gets me thinking... I've seen where Opera has a window open and locks up... when I go to force quit it, it DOESN'T show as Opera, but rather the name of the page that was open when it froze. That could be the case here, but it's just a guess.

Malware is practically non-existent for Macs. It's one of the reasons I primarily run my Mini. I have a Toshiba Laptop, but it's for when I have to go somewhere and take work with me.

I laughed so hard I almost pee'd yesterday when the "FBI virus" tried to launch itself on my Mini from Firefox. The page opened with the "fake" warning, and I decided, for fun, to download the source code, then I just closed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 15, 2013 Jul 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is one possibility that I might try to verify. I had the app What Size open. It might have an internal app that runs which does the file srtucture analysis.  But  Force Quit doesn't show it by name.Since the offline updater allowed me to close AnalystManager, I doubt that it si malware, because malware dosn't care what you do unless you're running a removal app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines