• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In WebHelp, when I mouse over a link, the font size changes.

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2013 Jul 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either after I generate to WebHelp or View in RoboHelp, when I mouse over a hyperlink text, the font changes from large to small text. My step is a 11pt font, my body text is 10pt. It appears the 11 pt. font switches to 10pt font when I mouse over it. Any way to fix this?

Also noticed that when I have a note at 9 pt, and mouse over a link, the text changes to 10pt.

So now it appears in most of my topics with links within a step or note. In a body, the text appears fine (or stays the same) when you mouse over a link.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like you have a style that is set to 10pt for hyperlinks. What version of Robohelp are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robohelp 9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So can you only set one style for a hyperlink?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The formatting for the hyperlink style comes from the style sheet. You can have more than one style sheet but the style for the hyperlink is taken from the style sheet associated with the topic containing the hyperlink.

I don't have RH9 here but I do at home. I know RH10 made some changes to the way that styles were rendered which may not be in RH9. You need to consider that there are different hyperlink style for when the link is hovered, visited, active, etc. If you look in your style sheet for a Hyperlink Hovered style, that is more than likely the one you want to change if it is set to 10pt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I did check the style sheet and (hyper)link is set to 10.

P.Link {

font-size: 10pt;

margin-top: 4.5pt;

margin-bottom: 4.5pt;

font-family: "Trebuchet MS", sans-serif;

The only thing is if I change it, say to 11. It would be wrong for body text or note text. So would I have to create several hyperlink styles. For example P.BodyLink = 10 pt, P.StepsLink = 11 pt, P.NotesLink = 9 pt?

But when applying tags say for a Numbered list (steps), how would it know to use the P.StepsLink?

Sorry, I am new to RoboHelp (contracting). I was a 20+ year user of Frame/WebHelps and didn't deal with templates at all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe you are 60!

The changes that Colum mentions are not in Rh9. Take a look at Item 5 at http://www.grainge.org/pages/snippets/snippets.htm#content

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So looks like I will have to get the company to upgrade to 10!

Thanks.

P.S. 60 = maybe the year I was born?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not believing that either.

You should be able to edit your CSS in a text editor. If you are not sure what to do, set up a simple project using your CSS. Any text will do and create a link.

See the Contact page on my site and follow the instructions there.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp