Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Signatures Missing

Jul 15, 2013 Jul 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello.. when i downloaded the installer for the "plugin" version of FP 11.7.700.232, for use with "windows xp" and "firefox", i noticed that the installer didn't have a digital signature.. i would think that it is supposed to be digitally signed..

i downloaded the file from "adobe.com" and i tried downloading it a second time, but it still wasn't digitally signed..

the "NPSWF32_11_7_700_232.dll" file that was installed in the "macromed" folder is digitally signed.. the "NPSWF32_11_7_700_232.dll" file seems to be the main FP program-file..

i am not experiencing any problems with using FP 11.7.700.232, with "windows xp" and "firefox"..

(mozilla's plugin-check says that it is out-of-date.. i hope that won't be a problem, where mozilla blocks it)..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello again.. i mis-spoke when i said that the FP installer wasn't digitally signed.. it has a digital signature, there just isn't a "timestamp" for the file, which i usually see with a digitally signed file, which is why i thought that it wasn't digitally signed..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do see a timestamp on the digital signature in my installers

fp_ts.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey pat.. you must have downloaded a file that was different from the one that i downloaded.. i downloaded the plugin version of FP 11.7.700.232.. the digital signature for it is not timestamped..

here is a link for downloading the file:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_7_plu...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for that; it was the 11.8 installer I looked at.

And you are right: there is no timestamp in the 11.7.700.232 installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines