• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

what is PSS file?

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2007 Feb 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am tyring to get into my database however, it is giving me error massage "xxx.pss" files checked out to some other user. what should I do? every time I want to use this database I have go as admin and undo the check out and login again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Feb 26, 2007 Feb 26, 2007
Sounds like you have used the command File > Get Folders from within RoboSource Control Explorer to insert your project into the database. This adds the files .pss, .cpd, and possibly .ldb, but these files must not be part of the database.

Your best bet is opening the database again using RoboSource Control Explorer and deleting these files from it. After performing a Get All from within RSE, your problems should be vanished.

Oh, and in the future allway use the Add to Source Control command f...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Feb 26, 2007 Feb 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you have used the command File > Get Folders from within RoboSource Control Explorer to insert your project into the database. This adds the files .pss, .cpd, and possibly .ldb, but these files must not be part of the database.

Your best bet is opening the database again using RoboSource Control Explorer and deleting these files from it. After performing a Get All from within RSE, your problems should be vanished.

Oh, and in the future allway use the Add to Source Control command from within RoboHelp Office to add a project to your source control system.

Regards

---Dirk Bock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 27, 2007 Feb 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
In addition to the three files mentioned by Dirk, keep the .hhp file out of source control, as well. To recap, the files to eliminate are .cpd, .hhp, .ldb, and .pss.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp