Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Obtaining Winhelp Doc from HtmlHelp

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2007 Feb 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I wonder if there is a way to obtain a Winhelp word document from a HtmlHelp project. I know the normal thing would be do to this the other way round, but I need a document on this occasion for translation purposes.

I tried the printed documentation option, but links and Robohelp Title marks are missed.

Does anyone a way of getting a Winhelp word document out of a HtmlHelp project?

Best regards
Tony

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is a Winhelp word document? If you have an HTML project, you can produce a Word document as you have found but the links will not work.

There's a topic on my site about how to do it and that includes a sort of workaround but it may not suit. The links issue is fixed in RH6.

What do you mean by Title Marks?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I mean a word document valid for a Winhelp project. I already managed to import a HTML project into a Winhelp project and obtanied a word document, but broken links are the problem.

I checked out your website, which is very good by the way. I think the solution you suggest is here http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/printing/print_issues.htm, where you mention broken links. However, I'm afraid it won't work since the strings I use as targets are a number IDs. (I understand the link text and the target should have the same string for the macro to work).

As for RH6, I would imagine this issue has been fixed by inserting bookmarks in the document. If that is what has been done, I doubt those links would work after importing the HTML project back into Winhelp. What do you think?

By the way, when I said title marks I really meant footnotes. However, I found that footnotes are automatically created when importing a HTML project in Winhelp, so that is not a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp