Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

digital editions

Apr 13, 2013 Apr 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use my Nook with digital editions to read a library book.  I have done this in the past with no problems.   Now I need a password to certify

the computer.   I have tried many times resetting my password and always get the following message:   Code:E-AUTH-NOT-READY.

HELP

Jo Anne Keyser

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2013 Apr 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 14, 2013 Apr 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on the computer must have authorized itself already, probably with a kind of anonymous/implicit ID it invents to trap the unwary.

Remove then authorization using ctrl-shift-D (cmd-shift-D on Mac); restart ADE (maybe not necessary), and try to authorize again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 14, 2013 Apr 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your help. After spending two days trying to fix the problem, this instruction was easy

and digital editions is working for library books.

Thank you again.

Jo Anne Keyser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great advice have done that but I need to put books onto sony e reader.  It was working fine until I tried to by a book from Sainsburys online> (Never again 2 time had problems)  could only get book on computer, still cant get on reader, do you have any ideas for helping,  Thanks from a very old reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are problems with Sony readers and ADE2.0 working with Overdrive library books.

Maybe the same issue applies to Sainsbury books.

The only solution I found was to use the older but more reliable ADE v1.7.2.

No promises, but worth a try.  Good luck.

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0.  Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

(You can have them both installed at once if you like.)

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines