• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Chrome drive-by install

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please stop pushing Google Chrome with Flash Player installation by default. If a user wants to install Flash Player, they shouldn't have other software installed on their computer by default.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are... to put it plainly... "wasting your time" posting requests (or demands) for Adobe here. We're just Adobe users like you are. The "no opt out" install of both Google Chrome and McAfee Security Scan have been documented and reported to development, but...

As I've seen with:
Java (another necessary "freebie")

VLC Media Player (a freebie)

WinDVD (some expensive "payware")

Roxio Media Creator (some very expensive "payware")

These "sponsored installs" aren't going away anytime soon, whether the software is purchased or "free". Our hope is that development will eliminate the "no opt out" installs, in favor of the check box on updates, but as far as getting rid of them altogether? It ain't gonna happen unless you want to pay #10 every time you need an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, McBlob.

It's not uncommon for vendors to scan this type of forum, so there's always hope.

It just surprises me that a very profitable company like Adobe would have to stoop to this.

I can see small players like VLC and the rest doing it, but the maker of Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mikemuch1 wrote:

Thanks, McBlob.

It's not uncommon for vendors to scan this type of forum, so there's always hope.

It just surprises me that a very profitable company like Adobe would have to stoop to this.

I can see small players like VLC and the rest doing it, but the maker of Photoshop?

How about Roxio and Corel?
You're preaching to the choir, here. We've reported it, but I honestly don't see the practice changing, other than adding an "opt out" to the updaters, where there is presently none.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can always download the offline installer, which is not bundled with any 3rd-party software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines