• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2013 won't launch (macOS)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2013 Jul 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recenly purchased CC and downloaded all the apps I use. Photoshop and After Effects work fine but when I open premiere, it gives me this error message every time and won't launch. - [/sirreact64/releases/2013.03/shared/adobe/MediaCore/ASL/Foundation/Make/Mac/../../Src/DirectoryRegistry.cpp-283]

I assumed maybe it was because of how I'd delted my old version of premiere, so I decided to wipe my mac and set it up from scratch.

But after doing a complete clean install, I get the same error message.
Please help!
I need premiere asap and I have no idea how to fix it.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 13, 2015 Dec 13, 2015

PROBLEM SOLVED!     This article with simple directions from Kevin Monahan (and forwarded by Mike Mitchum) works like a charm for Mac users.

For Mac users:    Premiere Pro CC, CC 2014, or 2014.1 freezing on startup or crashing while working (Mac OS X 10.9, and later)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No

Well I deleted the two pref files with adobe in the file name...but same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'm on a mac though. But everything is just standard.
Like I wiped the whole thing. Started it up, downloaded CC and that's it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I'll ask a dev to look into this error code and get back to you ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same issue, wiped my MAC clean, reinstalled Premiere, and it wont open at all. Only difference is I dont have the trial version, i have the full version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this problem for months but Adobe just released an update yesterday (12/01/15) and Premiere Pro is working great now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2014 Feb 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok you guys this is my first post anywhere, although I am A+ certified and an audio/video tech. I could not get any of these Adobe CC programs to work even after resetting my ACl's and permissions (through command R>Terminal>resetpassword>reset acl) not disk utility alone. Anyway the trick that worked was setting my monitors to their "Native Resolution" and Voila!! It Works

MacPro 2x4 2.8Ghz Xeon, 16Gb Ram, 4GB GTX 680 2x6pin GPU  I hope this helps 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2015 Nov 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on MacAir.   I uninstalled and reinstalled and it still won't start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2015 Dec 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PROBLEM SOLVED!     This article with simple directions from Kevin Monahan (and forwarded by Mike Mitchum) works like a charm for Mac users.

For Mac users:    Premiere Pro CC, CC 2014, or 2014.1 freezing on startup or crashing while working (Mac OS X 10.9, an...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2016 Oct 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue restarting computer works fine, just a pain. Does anyone know of a way to fix, so I don't have to restart every time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

happens to me frequently, i just restart my computer and it does the trick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 19.06.15.png I have the same issue the start screen too premier pro flashes and then this pops up 1 minute afterwards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines