Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Links

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys,

Dumb question, but it has me stumpted for a bit and I haven't found the answer with my forum searches.

When anyone goes to a specific blog post on my BC blog, all of my navigation links are changed to be relative to the /blog folder, which makes every link bring up a "page not found" error.  Because the real page is at /music.htm, not /blog/music.htm, for example.  How do I get my links to always stay relative to the root?

In dreamweaver, I already have, under Site Settings "Links Relative to ... Site Root"

What else do I need to do?

Let me know if I should post a link for an example.

Many thanks,

Herb

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

I just helped someone with this yesterday-- don't rely on DW's site settings for this, always view your code on BC to make sure that you have "root relative" URLs properly in place.

All URLs relative to the root in your page templates or pages should have a preceding slash (/) so any URL in your template to the blog page should be "/blog" not "blog" or "/music.htm" not "music.htm". It's that simple. Read this post: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5507511#5507511

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just helped someone with this yesterday-- don't rely on DW's site settings for this, always view your code on BC to make sure that you have "root relative" URLs properly in place.

All URLs relative to the root in your page templates or pages should have a preceding slash (/) so any URL in your template to the blog page should be "/blog" not "blog" or "/music.htm" not "music.htm". It's that simple. Read this post: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5507511#5507511

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome!  Thanks for the quick help.  I knew I wasn't seeing the trees through the woods, as they say.  So, thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines