• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot update flash player

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I try to update my flash player at 47% downloaded I get error message "cannot contact reliable source"   I've been told to uninstall my flash player and try to download the newer version, but the old one works and I am afraid I will still not be able to download the newer one.  I keep being asked to download the newer version and keep getting the error, it is maddening.  Is there anything short of dynamite that will move this to a level at which something useful happens?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the offline installer here: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_hea...

Uninstall ALL versions you presently have

Run the installer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I click on where you say download the installer I get a page that says click for active x installer, and when I do I get a page that says "The website declined to show this webpage"  I cannot download an installer.  It looks like there's nothing I can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What browser are you using? I assume since you're trying to download the activeX version it's IE.

Have you tried using another browser like Firefox to download it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My security system F-secure, is telling me that

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player_ax.exe

" This web site has been reported as harmful.
We recommend that you do not visit this web site."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try to download it with Google Chrome but no luck.  The old version works so I will probably stick with that.  Sometimes I've found nothing seems to work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your security system is aptly named. Primarily because it's "F'd".

HomeDinger999 wrote:

My security system F-secure, is telling me that

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install _flash_player_ax.exe

" This web site has been reported as harmful.
We recommend that you do not visit this web site."

My recommendation? Dump F-secure. Get AVG. It's far less invasive and it WON'T TRY TO "PROTECT" YOU FROM THINGS YOU NEED.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines