Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with PDF creation using CFDOCUMENT / iText

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2007 Feb 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Finally made the jump to CF7 after sticking with 5 for way too long and now have an urgent need to generate PDF.

<cfdocument> seems to do better than anything else at converting HTML styled with CSS, but falls short in a few fundamental areas. What I need to do ( to name 3) is:

* Generate a table of contents - including page numbers
* Have far greater control over the headers / footers
* Swap page orientation mid-document

I can get round the page orientation thing by creating each section as an individual PDF and gluing them back together using PaulH's excellent PDF concatenation code. Using <cfdocument> I can reserve space for the headers / footers, and add a table of contents with placeholders for the numbers.

Now, my question: Will I be able to rewrite all the page numbers, finish off the table of contents and headers / footers using iText? i.e. traverse the concatenated PDF file, rewrite the headers / footers, work out the page numbers and rewrite the TOC?

I'm not asking for sample code or even a how to - just a heads-up from some who knows iText well and can quickly say whether this is feasible.

I hope it is because my alternative approach is to go down the xsl-fo route which I suspect will be more effort in the long run.

Thanks

PJ
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2007 Feb 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
as alternative solution you might check activepdf products.
www.activepdf.com

cheers
kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation