• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Failed attempt to upgrade Flash Player

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own a Macbook osx 10.5.8. I was trying to upgrade to a new version of Adobe Flash Player. I was prompted to first uninstall the old player and I did so. When I tried to download the new player I was told that my system would not support it. I have been unable to reinstall the old system. What am i doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

10.5.8 was the last of the Universal Binary builds (PPC or Intel) of OS 10. As such, Adobe stopped development of Flash Player that was compatible with PPC versions once Leopard (10.6) was released.

You'll find more info and download links here: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

If you're running a Power PC Mac, you're going to find it increasingly difficult to update software, and access websites that rely on "Intel only" versions of things like Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines