• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Epub format not supported

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am having a problem with downloading a book from kobo store to my ereader. It is in my library. It says format not supported, even though it says it is epub. Any answers would be appreciated. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What sort of an eReader?

Are you downloading it directly to the eReader, or via Digital Editions (ADE)?

What says 'format not supported'?  ADE, or the ereader after download,=, or?

Have you authorized it with your Adobe ID?

• Plug into USB,
  • run ADE,
  • make sure ADE is itself authorized with your Adobe ID (Help/Authorize Comptuer on 2.0, Library/Authorize Computer on 1.7.2),
  • and then transfer the authorization to the eReader  (Help/Authorize Device on 2.0, Library/Authorize Device on 1.7.2),

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a kobo touch. Download to Ade via Kobo books. Most are not a problem.  I can also drag and drop books from My Digital Editions but some of them just say  'this file's format is not currently supported" 

Both the eReader and the computer are authorised to Ade.

I have plugged in the USB and transfer books from Ade as well as from the Kobo desktop app but some of these same books seem to able to be read on the computer only, I also transfer books through wifi connection .

I don't understand, I thought Ade supported epub books as well as DRM.

I guess I am doing something wrong, but haven't figured it out yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just noticed that the books that are not a problem are Adobe DRM Epub and the ones I have a problem with are Epub Drm free. Would this be the probelm?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 18, 2013 Jul 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shouldn't be a problem becuase they are DRM-free.

I found with an older eReader (Cybook Opus) that there was a small number of books it couldn't read ~ somehow it didn't fully understand the .epub format.

Being DRM free gives you more options to experiment.

I suggest trying to use the free Calibre software to read the books and transfer them to the Kobo.  http://calibre-ebook.com/

It can also do reformatting of books, so might be able to correct issues in the books that upset the Kobo.

Calibre is vastly superior to ADE (not very difficult); with the major limitation that it can't handle DRM books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2013 Jul 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that info. I have heard of Calibre but wasn't sure about it. Will have to give it a try. I guess the Kobo touch is almost old hat now with all the new ones out, but i really like it so will try to sort it out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2013 Jul 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FYI. Thanks for Calibre it is awesome. worked a treat on most of the missing digital editions books that I couldn't download. The only problem I have now is that a couple of the books somehow lost the vendor id and are now labelled expired so I can't open them at all in any book reader. I guess those are lost. They were of course DRM. I have bought so many books over the years I cannot remember who I bought these ones from, so not able to contact them. Still, I am happy to manage to sort what I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines