• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PPT Freezes with Presenter 9 Trial Install

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked through my first issue by myself - I had downloaded the 64 bit version and I didn't see the Presenter ribbon, so I downloaded the 32 bit version and now I can see Presenter on the ribbon, but whenever I click anything on the ribbon, PPT freezes and I have to shut it down to recover.  Is it even possible to use Presenter 9 with PPT 2013 32 bit and a Win 7 64 bit OS?  I would appreciate any suggestions or remedies, as I am VERY eager to get started with Presenter.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you getting any error whe PPT freezes?

Please try uninstalling both, 32 and 64 bit Presenter, and then install 32 bit Presenter after a restart.

Thanks,

Vikram

Adobe Presenter Engg. Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No errors are returned, it just hangs.  I tried the uninstall of both and the reinstall and the result is the same, it hangs.  I didn't delete the downloaded zip files, I will try that now, uninstall and do a fresh download.  Fingers crossed....!!  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try this tool before installing Presenter 32 bit again, and clean Presenter if it shows up in the list.

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Follow this steps:-

http://s23.postimg.org/fswqlan23/Adobecleaner.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I ran through the cleaner tool, rebooted, and re-installed and the same thing happens, anytime I select something from the Presenter ribbon PPT freezes and hangs.  No error message is returned.  Any other suggestions?  This is so discouraging, as I really feel Presenter 9 along with Captivate are the right tools for me to use for my projects, and I want to purchase both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I think I have a workaround.  I let it spin for 5 mins 15 seconds and finally this window popped up on my other monitor:

TrialDays.PNG

Once I clicked Continue Trial it allowed me to work within the Presenter ribbon. 

I find it a little odd that it takes 5+ mins for that window to load, but after that the few clicks I've done, the performance is acceptable.  5 mins for that dialog is not!!  Going to make the evaluation period for this a bit of a pain if that keeps happening everytime (so far it's happened twice) but I'll muddle through for now.

Thanks for you help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear that.

Until, you click on start trial button on first launch, this dialogs blocks any action, that's why it was freezing.

This window will pop up on first click of any button on the Presenter Ribbon at every new launch of Powerpoint, as you are in trial mode, but after first launch you may minimize it and continue your work. 

Launching 5 minutes after the button click is too long period. This may be performance related issue. Please close any uneccesary application, when using Presenter. Normally, it launches within 1-2 seconds after any button click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please share the following log files.

%TEMP%\amt3.log

%TEMP%\oobelib.log

%TEMP%\PDApp.log

In order to attach the logs to this thread, please choose to edit your original post, select the edit option at the bottom. You should see the Attach Files option at the bottom.

Thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the log files downloaded but unfortunately I am not seeing the option to Edit my original post.  I can post a new message perhaps?

Edited to add:  I see the Edit link on this message, but not on any of my previously posted messages....

Message was edited by: Mstpierre112

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please try the edit link on your last post. You should see an option at the bottom to attach files.

Thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can attach a video or an image, or raw HTML, but not a text file.

*Edited to add - this is what my view looks like.

edit.png

Message was edited by: Mstpierre112

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2013 Sep 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi - can we revisit this?  I now have a fully licensed version and the problem remains.  Clicking anywhere on the Presenter ribbon causes a delay of 5 minutes before any action is returned upon first opening PowerPoint.  How can I get these log files to you to troubleshoot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources