• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player installation without browser

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I obtained distribution permission yesterday for Adobe Reader and Flash Player. Some of our customers do not have browsers/internet connection. I want to package the executable files with our Portfolio PDF on DVD. I received links to the executable files.

In testing, I was able to install Reader exe and Flash Player on a laptop not connected to our network and without the Adobe products installed previously. When I try to open the Portfolio PDF, the Adobe Reader pop up message appears with a link to proceed to the download page. I don't have a download page, and I did install the Flash Player: "install_flash_player_11_active_x.exe."

Why can't I open my Portfolio?

(Windows 7, the Portfolio was created with Acrobat X1)

Best regards,

Karen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you include a standalone installer for both IE and other browsers? If you only included the non activeX one you're going to see a download request for the IE plugin when attempting to access ActiveX content (Flash) in Internet Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I included the two exe files Adobe provided in their response to my request for distribution licensing.

• AdbeRdr11003_en_US.exe
  • install_flash_player_11_active_x.exe

How do I obtain a standalone installer for both IE and other browsers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd need to get with Distribution for that.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_hea...

both plugins should be available at that link, but I don't know if they differ from the "distribution" build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I'll see what happens when I install these standalone installers.

Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the "install_flash_player.exe" first. It worked just fine! Now I need to find out about distributing this version.

Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since both are required to meet any possible installation scenario you may encounter, I'd imagine (though I could be wrong) that your distribution license would cover both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

grosskj wrote:

Now I need to find out about distributing this version.

Since you already have permission to distribute Flash Player, you don't need a separate permission for the plugin.  You may have noticed on the download page that both ActiveX (for Internet Explorer) and Plugin (for other browsers) are listed there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines